Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    My front deck leaks from the edge of the deck, where the gunwale meats the deck, not around the lips or screws. 18 Zx 225, dealer has no fix.
    Have you readdressed this with them lately? Skeeter finally put out a new fix for the rub rail screws coming out.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Haven’t brought it up in a while after I was told there wasn’t anything else they knew to do. I’m sure I could push the issue and get it back to the factory but I don’t want to be out of a boat for months. I try not to fish in the rain anyway. Sucks but that’s where I’m at.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    Have you readdressed this with them lately? Skeeter finally put out a new fix for the rub rail screws coming out.
    what is the new fix? I have 1 rub rail screw that has had to be fixed at least 4 times, and I just noticed it's popped out again!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishnbuds View Post
    what is the new fix? I have 1 rub rail screw that has had to be fixed at least 4 times, and I just noticed it's popped out again!
    Supposed to be some new epoxy and screws. Time will tell.
    I have had my boat two years and took it to them for a whole laundry list of stuff. I was getting my water pump replaced and had time to leave it so I let them work on everything. With a three year warranty this will give me one more year for stuff to break.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    My dealer offered a fix without me even mentioning it. Dropped it off to have passenger console installed and had some heavy rain come through the few days before they started working on it. They called me and said they were going to reseal the entire front deck due to water getting in around the edges. All was paid for by Skeeter.
    2020 Skeeter ZX200 / 200 SHO

6. Member
    The issue with the 2020 FXR is Skeeter used double sided sticky tape to adhere the aluminum deck to the hull. I don’t know what engineer thought that would work but we all know how that goes. I had the same thing happen and currently have the boat getting the proper repair. I hope. Front and rear decks have to be removed and the adhesive from the tape must be cleaned off completely and then resealed with water submersible sealant. All screw holes have to be sealed as well. Apparently the issue has been fixed with the newer 20’s. My auto bilge did not work also. I had and always have the plug out when out of the water, however some of the debris from the manufacturing process plugged the hole and allowed water to accumulate in the hull. I drained and refilled the rear hull and still no auto bilge. That’s getting fixed too. I hope this helps, it’s not what I wanted with a brand new boat. If it fixes it then I’m gonna be ok with it but if it doesn’t then we’ll have to deal with that when it’s time. Have a great day everyone.
    Doug Bronnenberg
    2013 Phoenix 618 Pro
    Firefighter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12