Options/Upgrades for a FXR

I’m about to pull the trigger on getting an FXR Limited Edition. Other than the jack plate and deck lighting, are there any upgrades anyone recommends getting (or not getting)? The boat will be mostly kept on a boat lift, so I’ll get a cover for the boat and motor.

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I have an FXR 21 Limited Edition. Just have the fixed jack plate. Everything else is standard. I keep mine on a lift most of the time. My only suggestion is to make sure you put a group 31 battery in for the cranking battery. This supplies power to all the graphs. A good group 31 battery will give you enough reserve hours to power your graphs all day without worry. I have been running an FXR since last September - just let me know if I can provide any more info.

3. Member
    I added the hydro plate and cover. There's nothing else that I wished I had after 3 months of use.

4. Member
    I have an FXR20 and also keep mine on a lift at a slip. This is what I added to mine...
    • Loc-R-Bar
    • Dual group 31 AGM batteries (running 4 graphs) also added 2 extra fuse boxes,bow and console, wired directly to the battery that runs all of my graphs
    • Deck Lights
    • Hyd Jack Plate
    • I did purchase the Skeeter cover but only use it when traveling,it's tight when installing on the trailer and would be a PITA to try to install while on a lift. Also purchased an aftermarket cover that works well, added extra bungees to help pull down tight to cover the sponsons and have 3 on each side mounted to the slip. Easy on/off and if you leave the pedestal seats in it will help drain
    • Motor cover

Hope this helps, it is an amazing boat

5. Member
    upgrade the batteries to AGM, MEGA 360 latest/best ducers
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMV631 View Post
    I have an FXR20 and also keep mine on a lift at a slip. This is what I added to mine...
    • Loc-R-Bar
    • Dual group 31 AGM batteries (running 4 graphs) also added 2 extra fuse boxes,bow and console, wired directly to the battery that runs all of my graphs
    • Deck Lights
    • Hyd Jack Plate
    • I did purchase the Skeeter cover but only use it when traveling,it's tight when installing on the trailer and would be a PITA to try to install while on a lift. Also purchased an aftermarket cover that works well, added extra bungees to help pull down tight to cover the sponsons and have 3 on each side mounted to the slip. Easy on/off and if you leave the pedestal seats in it will help drain
    • Motor cover

How did you fit two 31 AGM batteries in for a House battery? I have one 31 series for a house battery and three 31 series for my trolling motor. I also have two power pole pumps so not sure where you found room for the extra 31 AGM battery for the house battery?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    How did you fit two 31 AGM batteries in for a House battery? I have one 31 series for a house battery and three 31 series for my trolling motor. I also have two power pole pumps so not sure where you found room for the extra 31 AGM battery for the house battery?
    Had the dealership install when i bought the boat. Power Pole pumps are aft behind the batteries (would have to remove at least one of the batteries to access). One battery is running length wise (front to back) and the other is sideways, kinda looks like an "L". The one running length wise one terminal is slightly under the deck, easy enough to touch the terminal but a little cramped to get to the nut (can be done tho).

8. Member
    Deck lights only an option or I should say standard on the APEX...how did you add those?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    Deck lights only an option or I should say standard on the APEX...how did you add those?
    Dealer installed, not too expensive depending what lights. Also had them put on a jack plate light as well.

10. Member
    20200702_123151_HDR.jpg
    Pic of dual batteries

11. Member
    Thanks everyone

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMV631 View Post
    • Loc-R-Bar
    • Deck Lights
    • Hyd Jack Plate
    • Motor cover

who makes the cover you bought?

13. Member
    I think it was a Carver . Think it's was around $400 from the Dealership. Pretty thick with bungee running along the bottom seam. The one i bought also will cover the motor but I never do that, I Just fold it under when strapping down. Pulls up tight to the motor cables/wires and rigged it so it covers the sponsons with bungees hooked to the D-Rings (rear tie downs) on the jack plate. You can call Fun N Sun in Hurst 817-554-8553 to order one. Lance is the service manager, just called him and he is pretty sure it was a Carver, they don't carry in stock but can order. If you have a similar boat to the FXR he may be able to look up the one I bought, just tell him you want one similar to the one Doug bought for his FXR20

It may be something like this one https://cover.world/boat-covers/skee...nce-poly-guard

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    I have an FXR 21 Limited Edition. Just have the fixed jack plate. Everything else is standard. I keep mine on a lift most of the time. My only suggestion is to make sure you put a group 31 battery in for the cranking battery. This supplies power to all the graphs. A good group 31 battery will give you enough reserve hours to power your graphs all day without worry. I have been running an FXR since last September - just let me know if I can provide any more info.
    +1 on that

15. Member
    The Step Assistant Handle.. wwwbassboatconcepts.com
    EDA3AE5A-BAAD-4B81-9F3C-67C8A2A417D3.jpeg