Thread: Shopping

Shopping

Hoping to go look at a boat this week, powered by a 250HP Mercury Pro Verodo. I haven’t got to talk to dealer yet. But the add says “only 355 hours”. Seems like a lot, the boat is a 2015 not sure of year on outboard. I have No experience with the 4 stroke ,Verado or otherwise . Any thoughts on what I’m facing, question to ask things to look for , or compression numbers I should expect ? Thanks

2. Member
    For a bass boat application the 4 stroke Pro XS is probably considered more desirable than the Verado.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Personally- I'd be happy to run either one.

The Verado will be less affected by warmer/humid weather in the summer, and the V8 will have the advantage of big displacement in the winter.

Both are awesome engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

355 hours on a Verado is the equivalent of an optimax with 75 hours. Thats really just getting broke in

355 hours on a verado that is maintained is literally nothing.