Thread: BOTTOM ISSUE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketbilly View Post
    Nothing on my setup has changed except the software version. I will put the latest in this weekend and let you know results. Thanks
    I've used every software version for the GLS10 from beta to now. Never had this happen. The one that gave trouble was v2.30 and included in v11.2 for the Plus 93sv. So you may see a difference if that's the version you've been using. If you keep seeing this, please post a pic of the LVS32 on the shaft of your TM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    101_0670.JPGpointed left 90 degree. Software 11.20 2.30 As you can tell its on a stick oh its a 93+

The pic I showed was on the newest update. Only way to fix it is what I said. Did you try that?

Since the Perspective is not for me, I did a force update back to 2.3. That fixed it.

4. Member
    Looks perfect. Thanks. I'll have to wait and see how the new software update goes. Nothing has been released from Garmin in the log of changes to software to indicate they made any changes to how AHRS works. So if their change log is complete, you should not see a difference with new software. I'm not making any bets though. If it would be too much trouble, it would help to minimize the number of variables involved. Would it be inconvenient, after you put on the new software to go to the same location where you observed the problem before?

MonteSS. I think you meant you went back to v2.20
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    So if it still does it what should I try.? Thanks

6. Member
    Great question. Fishysam is going to love this. If you still have the problem, it's most likely a faulty AHRS in the transducer. Your pic showed the stick looking plumb and xd mounted correctly and it doesn't look like it could be loose or moving around. On my boat, your setup would be off. Plumb in the garage would not be plumb on the water as the front of my boat sits high. But since it's on a stick you have flexible control of that and your last year-this year comparison is valid.

To get your transducer replaced by Garmin, may mean having to go through all again of this from scratch. So when you go out, if it's still a problem, drop a plumb line down beside the shaft and take a pic of it. You'll probably have to send that to Garmin.

7. Member
    Could the AHRS go bad just siitin in the garage since Dec.? Thats the last time it was used.

Could static electricity cause an AHRS malfunction? Boats can create static when running , could dust in the air increase this? Could some spray boat wax increase the likelihood of this? Seems to me it happens when I use slick mist it's worse.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    I am no expert on the internals of AHRS. It measures both attitude and heading so I suspect a magnet could wreck one. If I lay a 1 oz spoon near my SteadCast Heading Sensor it reacts.

10. Member
    Hasnt been near any magnets and is on a stick so its away from trolling motor magnet by about 3 feet.

11. Member
    A magnet might not have anything to do with it. Instead of saying I'm no expert on AHRS I should have said I know practically nothing about how they get AHRS to work.

I do not think the AHRS is broken in our boats since mine will work for 30 hours without issue then pow 15 minutes it's out of whack. I think it happens more when sensitivity may be to high as well. (In shallow water) it has not happened in water over 10'.

13. Member
    Well the new software didnt fix it. I had to turn AHRS off and set it to 17 degree angle to get the bottom level.

Thanks to all that helped

Side note I messed with my setup today. I found that if viewing to far 70' while in say 6' with "too" much sensitivity say 70 caused my issue. These were exaggerated to test my theory. Anyways about 15 seconds after dropping distance to 40' and sensitivity to 50 it straightened out. So there is a couple more seating changes to pay attention to. If you use auto sensitivity and auto range I don't think you will ever have an issue but most of the time we like looking 50-60'.

15. Member
    Will that 17 degree stay consistent ,or will it change from trip to trip.

It will stay steady except the few degrees change from just you, to 2 friends with, to more fuel.

Apparently it is said that if you start a compass calibration, even if you don't finish it, it will reset the ahrs and fix this issue. (I don't want to complete the calibration because I don't want that icon in the corner)

18. Member
    Me neither thats why I never calibrated. It still could be the software, cause thats the only thing different from last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12