2021 Ranger RT198p

I’ve had one on order since the first of May and my dealer hasn’t even received a build sheet yet.
    Just wondering if anyone else has one order and experiencing the same thing. I know they’ve moved production
    to a new facility in Lebanon Mo. The new “Johnny Morris” Ranger has me really concerned about this boat purchase as it’s the first new boat I’ve ever bought.
    2019 Skeeter ZX 225

2. Member
    This is just me and my opinion and what I have seen.... If I could get out of the purchase, I would. Even if they build a decent boat, I bet the customer service and warranty issues will be handled by JM. I hope you have good luck with whatever you decide you have to do.

I would keep my RT188 or find a different brand. My RT188 does everything I ask it to do, it is paid for, and the only thing I dread now is if I have a major problem it will probably not be handled by the folks in Flippin. That's scary.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    Minor issue of a pandemic going on. Maybe the cause of some delays?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    This is just me and my opinion and what I have seen.... If I could get out of the purchase, I would. Even if they build a decent boat, I bet the customer service and warranty issues will be handled by JM. I hope you have good luck with whatever you decide you have to do.

I would keep my RT188 or find a different brand. My RT188 does everything I ask it to do, it is paid for, and the only thing I dread now is if I have a major problem it will probably not be handled by the folks in Flippin. That's scary.
    100% .... My replacement hunting for my 2019 RT starts this week. I may decide to keep it since my dealer is so good but I may not. It's a nice boat but if Flippin isn't handling the warranty anymore I'm not sure I want it.

I just bought a 188P last month. I didn’t want to wait on a factory order (was told late August or September would be estimated date of delivery) so I had a dealer build one of the lot with the same setup as my factory build request. I was reading through the warranty tonight and see my entire warranty may be voided since the dealer installed my hydraulic jackplate instead of the factory. Not sure if that’s a blessing since it would have to go to Lebanon for warranty repair or if I should be upset? Regardless, I’m interested in seeing how things look for Ranger aluminum in a year or so when the move is done and it’s business as usual.
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    I just bought a 188P last month. I didn’t want to wait on a factory order (was told late August or September would be estimated date of delivery) so I had a dealer build one of the lot with the same setup as my factory build request. I was reading through the warranty tonight and see my entire warranty may be voided since the dealer installed my hydraulic jackplate instead of the factory. Not sure if that’s a blessing since it would have to go to Lebanon for warranty repair or if I should be upset? Regardless, I’m interested in seeing how things look for Ranger aluminum in a year or so when the move is done and it’s business as usual.
    Not so. Ranger replied in an email to me about Certified Ranger Dealer installing a hydraulic jackplate. They will honor your warranty, just be sure you keep the info on who and where it was installed.