Question Spindle issue on 2012 trailer

Coming home from the lake yesterday, I looked in the rearview and noticed that the front driver side trailer tire was not touching the ground. Grabbing the tire I found a lot of slop so I took it off. I found the axle sitting at the 2 o clock position instead of the 3 o clock position like the others.
    The arm of the axle is sloppy loose. Is this just needing repositioned and retorqued or is this a failure of the torsion axle? I also noticed a lot of corrosion on the end of the axle assembly. I am completely unfamiliar with these, although I have read several threads about them now.
    If it needs replaced, should I do that to all of them? I have not had any uneven/unusual tire wear and have no idea how to determine their condition.
    This in on a 2012 trailer w/ a 2012 Cougar riding on it.
    image0 (1).jpeg

2. Member
    Had the same issue on my 2012. Just replaced both axles and all 4 end units.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

We are suspect that the splines are bad from the bolts torque and it will or may require replacements.

The spindle arm came off entirely too easy. Looks like the splines are toast. Are entire axle assemblies sold and I hate to ask how much they will be? Ugh.IMG_2568.jpg

5. Member
    Hopefully the axle is ok.

I have gotten in the habit of checking the bolts anytime I rotate the tires, or jack the trailer for any reason.
    So far they are all tight. Over tightening will stretch the bolt. So keep it at the 150 lbs torque.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    The spindle arm came off entirely too easy. Looks like the splines are toast. Are entire axle assemblies sold and I hate to ask how much they will be? Ugh.IMG_2568.jpg
    I think you got lucky and can just replace the torque arm. I'm going through this exact same thing on my 2011 puma trailer right now. I am more than likely going to need a new axle as I'm pretty sure my splines are toast on the axle shaft.