Decisions Decisions

First off I have a single console 2018 PII with a 2 stroke 200hp OptiMax, 80lb fortrex and 2-8ft talons. I LOVE the boat. My wife has become my fishing partner and she has become a pretty damn good Fisher woman..lol.. she definitely has patience and works certain lures like spinnerbaits or swimjigs slower than me and often times gets a big bass. We even fish a club together.

On to my decision, I kicked the idea around of getting a dual console boat. She wears a save face mask but I often see her putting her head down near her lap during take off or long runs. Then when we get home she complains about the knots in her hair and spends up to an hour getting them out. I actually feel bad, she has been through a lot in her 41 years including beating breast cancer 4 years ago. I want to continue to fish with her and keep her happy.

Is getting a dual console PII worth it? I know I could get good money for my PII since it still has engine warranty and boats sales are off the charts due to convid (I know this first hand since I work at a dealership) what are your thoughts.

Plus I received a $1500 incentive to get a new BassCat
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    I had both and ridden as a co-angler in boats that don't. Here's my take on it. To me they are only worth it when the air is cold or it's raining as a second console can help block them. Other than that it is just in the way. Buy her a good fitting lightweight rainsuit and have her put her hair up in a pony tail or braid it like my wife does.

3. Member
    I added a extra console for my wife. It was a easy install. I weighed the option your at. For me the p2 was perfect for us . I got lucky though i got our console considerably cheaper through one of bcb's so to speak "yard sales". I like the bigger boats! Just not for us. I will add i had always heard how they got in the way. For us it did not!. Honestly after the transition of getting use to it. We wouldnt be without
    Last edited by Redngoo; 06-28-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    Get her the console. First you are very lucky to have a wife that fishes with you. When my wife was your wife’s age she fished a lot of tournaments with me. Like yours she had a lot more patience and always contributed to the catch. I recently ordered a Lynx and my wife requested a console. She will really appreciate it.

5. Member
    You are a lucky man! Either buy and install and second console or trade for a boat with one.

6. Member
    I fish with my girlfriend and had a dual console Margay and now a dual console Pantera Classic. I couldn't imagine not putting in the second console and will never understand how people think they are so disadvantaged of it being "in the way" unless you're KVD.
    I'd never enjoy the day knowing that she wasn't as comfortable as she could be and the second console is worth every penny.

7. Member
    I have a 2016 PII which was single console. My wife fishes with me often and have added a passenger console to every BCB I have owned. No need to purchase a new boat. The consoles are easily installed. It also has a ton of space inside to hold whatever you want dry and easily accessed.

Its never gotten in my way, and I used the boat without it for a bit. Cosmetic wise, I always thought the dual console boats look better. JMO.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    I would just add the second console, if it were me.

On the other hand, since you work at a dealership and live less than an hour from me, you could sell my boat on consignment (margay w/115proxs, single console) and I buy your current PII. Then I will put in the second console so my wife will enjoy fishing with me.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

9. Member
    Does anybody know approximately how much it would cost to add a passenger console to a Pantera II that did not come from the factory with one?
    Last edited by Mikes250r; 06-28-2020 at 10:24 PM.

10. Member
    You could checkout the Bass Cat parts store. Here is a link:
    https://www.basscatstore.com/console...ndshields.aspx

Teach her to drive the boat and you ride.

Discuss the pros and cons with her, be sure she does realize the cons of less freedom of movement and feelin more cramped and let her make that decision, I like a single console but if my wife still fished I would whatever she wanted to help her be more comfortable
    Thank You Leon Pugh

My PII has a dual console. Never got in the way and balance the look of the boat.

my Puma has a removable console. I take out for the summer. Got caught in a storm with wife in boat. Console is back it.

get the dual console for your wife, but maybe you can just add and not get a whole new boat......unless of corse you want too
    Last edited by Bill2e; 07-08-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

personally I wouldn't have a bot unless it was a Dual console.
    for me with wife and kids that go I couldn't have a single console.
    and personally I like the looks better also.
    never had a time where I thought it got in the way at all.

15. Banned
    Since it’s your wife yes otherwise no way!! If she is really serious maybe get a Caracal or something a bit wider....

16. Member
    Has she tried a full face motorcycle helmet? They block the wind and to me it's like riding in a car.