Thread: Triton Aluminum

Triton Aluminum

I'm considering buying a 2020 Triton T19 TXP with a 175 Merc. Pros and cons please.

2. Member
    One con for me would be that it will probably be built by at Lebanon Tracker, Ranger, Triton whatever plant people... Tracker folks... that is what is in Lebanon I think...

Also it could be that the customer service and warranty will probably not be handled in Flippin. If there is a problem and it has to go back to the factory, my bet is that is would be sent NOT to Flippin BUT to Lebanon facility.

I figure the Triton name could go away possibly. They already have one cheap glass boat in Nitro. Why have two? If the Triton glass boat goes away, I doubt they would keep a Triton aluminum.... BUT who knows what will happen. He is making a lot of changes within the Ranger world....which he said he would not do as I remember.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    One con for me would be that it will probably be built by at Lebanon Tracker, Ranger, Triton whatever plant people... Tracker folks... that is what is in Lebanon I think...

Also it could be that the customer service and warranty will probably not be handled in Flippin. If there is a problem and it has to go back to the factory, my bet is that is would be sent NOT to Flippin BUT to Lebanon facility.

I figure the Triton name could go away possibly. They already have one cheap glass boat in Nitro. Why have two? If the Triton glass boat goes away, I doubt they would keep a Triton aluminum.... BUT who knows what will happen. He is making a lot of changes within the Ranger world....which he said he would not do as I remember.

Was just reading a post this morning from a new RT owner and he was livid over the lack of customer service with the issues he has on his boat. There is nothing positive for the end user with the boats being built in Lebanon now. Sad but true.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

The way i understood it is that Ranger and triton tins were gonna be built in lebanon yes but on their own line to their each individual specs by their own crews unless something has changed? I dont think its just all tracker built with different stickers on the sides they just consolidated. Whether its a good or bad thing is yet to be seen. Although the world is doomed already by some. Interesting thing is alot of folks on here would use the covid deal as a legit excuse for certain brands if it were convenient for them to do so and that would be ok. JM products are certainly held to a different standard of ridicule that is one thing that is for certain.

To the OP. If thats the boat you want I wouldnt hesitate to order it. Id order my triton glass again right now if i were doing it zero regrets zero customer service issues everything that needed it was taken care of quick. I may be the one and only case tho the way some of these guys talk. I also didnt need too much from CS because the boat came to me too nice. I either got really lucky or its just not as bad as alot like to make it. I also dont believe triton is going anywhere either they sell too mamy of them why get rid of something thats selling? Also the 19txp has a good hull design like the 198p ranger but that 175 rating is a huge plus make that boat perform very nicely with a 175 pro xs on there. The pics ive seen looks like a nice rig. Ultimately its up to you. If yoy like it and it fits your needs go for it I wouldnt be afraid to.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Curious to know how it performs with a 175.

Numbers i remember on the triton forum was 65 range which is moving pretty good.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Do your homework. If you like the boat buy it. If a boat continues to stay in your head and it just rocks your world. Not buying it will be your regret.

I've had Skeeters with Yamahas since 1985 with 0 issues. I'm getting just a little older so the upkeep and maitenance on a glass boat gets to be alot of work for me. I'm hoping the aluminum wont need as much washing, waxing, wiping down, as the fiberglass did. Think I'm going for it. Thanks guys. I'll give my 2 cents once I get it.

9. Member
    I think that’s the one Keith Poche has a YouTube video on.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    I think that’s the one Keith Poche has a YouTube video on.
    You are correct...he takes that thing anywhere, Keith Poche "Off the grid"

Quote Originally Posted by NE14BASS View Post
    I've had Skeeters with Yamahas since 1985 with 0 issues. I'm getting just a little older so the upkeep and maitenance on a glass boat gets to be alot of work for me. I'm hoping the aluminum wont need as much washing, waxing, wiping down, as the fiberglass did. Think I'm going for it. Thanks guys. I'll give my 2 cents once I get it.
    From that post, I expect you will be happy with an aluminum boat. Personally, I would buy an Xpress or maybe another brand you like. I also like Vexus layout and appearance but I have never fished from one or driven one. When they moved the construction to Lebanon, they lost me as a customer for a lot of reasons. It won't be the same boat it used to be.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    From that post, I expect you will be happy with an aluminum boat. Personally, I would buy an Xpress or maybe another brand you like. I also like Vexus layout and appearance but I have never fished from one or driven one. When they moved the construction to Lebanon, they lost me as a customer for a lot of reasons. It won't be the same boat it used to be.
    Yep it will fall in line with Tracker and Lowe, both good boats. But changes are on the way.