Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I am amazed at the amount of zero's. I started with the 90 (monkey butt) and fished that for smallies and did well. Bought a 110 (bone, loon) for the days where there is a bit of CHOP and did well. Bought over the winter the 70 size (bone) and have caught fish but not nearly as frequent as the 90. Got the choppo also but I have yet to throw it. I find they work EARLY or LATE with the occasional bank casting session. Typically have the 70 size on and also a popper to slow it down...typically get them to bite.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    Choppo has just produced more for me---dont know why as they pretty much sound the same
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    If you ever have the chance to fish for snook in shallow water in florida - throw that bait on a reel with 8:1 gear ratio and hold on. I lost a 40lb + snook on one last year. It was an epic fight I will never forget.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
    If you ever have the chance to fish for snook in shallow water in florida - throw that bait on a reel with 8:1 gear ratio and hold on. I lost a 40lb + snook on one last year. It was an epic fight I will never forget.

Good to know for my annual FL trip in the spring!

The Choppo has a different sound than the Plopper, more of a "plop" if that makes any sense. Since the Choppo came out, I've had more luck on it than the original Plopper, though I've probably thrown it more too.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Ive caught a bunch on the whopper plopper but i will take a buzzbait over it anyday.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I tried a whopper plopper last week and I had nothing on it, no blowup, or anything. I have yet to catch 1 fish on one yet.....still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I tried a whopper plopper last week and I had nothing on it, no blowup, or anything. I have yet to catch 1 fish on one yet.....still trying.
    Don’t give up. I was skeptical at first also. I’m catching fish every time I use it now.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    I like the WP a bit but have a hard time using it in the summer due to weed cover and slime. I do like it as a search bait in open water. I always catch a couple fish on it. I like a color similar to a muted perch, can't remember the actual color name.

Have a rod with it on in the locker, have done well on it. Like most lures, it has its moments, and it doesn't. When its on, its fun, and quality fish.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    I like the WP a bit but have a hard time using it in the summer due to weed cover and slime. I do like it as a search bait in open water. I always catch a couple fish on it. I like a color similar to a muted perch, can't remember the actual color name.
    Completely agree with this. It's a great search bait. I cover water with it and when I get a fish or blowup I'll really break down the spot with a spook.

12. Member
    I like throwing it when there is some chop on the water. If its calm, Im still throwing a walking bait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12