Any Guidance On Tanglewood Marine? (St Charles)

Taking the boat in for a check-up. It isn't easy (for me) to make the decision on who to trust these days. Tanglewood has a great resume and we are dropping it off tomorrow. It's an older 200EFI Mercury motor and we have been together for a long time. Just like to keep it right.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    I've heard good things but have not personally used them yet. I generally do my own work but they are only 10 minutes from my house so I called them about a jackplate and seastar install earlier this year. Seemed knowledgeable and more than willing to spend time talking through options. Hope they come through for you. Let us know how it goes.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

Dropped it off on Monday the 29th. Many boats of many descriptions parked in the yard - some waiting for parts (I'm guessing), some waiting to be picked up (I hope), and some just in line ahead of me (most likely). God willing they'll get it in the shop for a look today - but maybe not while they try to get boats out for the 4th of July crowd - which I want no part of. By the way ... Dan of DC Marine finally returned my call and said he has relocated to Wilmington, IL. That's somewhere near Braidwood. Enjoy Independence Day ... we live in the greatest country in the world!!!

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

4. Member
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like they are busy and probably swamped with everyone who realized they wanted to get their boat out for the 4th but had not done anything to it since last year. Hope they get to you soon, Happy 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by GMT View Post
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like they are busy and probably swamped with everyone who realized they wanted to get their boat out for the 4th but had not done anything to it since last year. Hope they get to you soon, Happy 4th!
    We picked up the Ranger yesterday. The yard was clean. They got all of the boats out. Labor $ was a bit heavy -but the service was great. Won't have it on the water for a few days - but Joe water-tested it and shot a video for us to see - it ran beautiful in the video.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

6. Member
    Thanks for the update, good to hear they are moving through their work and got you in and out on schedule. Always seems like labor is more than it should, but if I know it's done right, I'm ok with a little surcharge.

7. Member
    I brought an older ranger and brought it into tanglewood a couple Years ago, I was nervous because I needed the boat for a fishing trip that was coming up, and this boat was beat. They ended up doing great work on the boat wiring, engine tune up and brakes on the trailer. Wasn’t cheap but the work was solid and quick. They’re the only shop I could find that would work on the motor because it was a 96 evinrude.