2007 300xs help please

2007 300xs motors 25" shafts.

port motor has water coming out exhaust at idle, stb doesn't. port water pressure is around 1.5 psi, while stb is around 3.5psi. I have replaced poppet assemblies, but not thermostats, as temps are around 129.

changed throttle cables this fall, ensured butterfly was wide open at full throttle, however I cannot get above 4500 rpms? At this point, no alarms, faults on smartcraft. STB motor has a bit more rpms, than port. Not sure where to begin/look?

2. Member
    Did you remove and inspect/clean the compressor strainer?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Please define where you are referring to as "exhaust at idle".

If you have 3.5 psi on the STB engine, I can assure you that water IS exiting the engine through the exhaust. Primary exhaust pathway is the center of the propeller.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    2007 300XS 1E002730
    compressor screen is clean.
    Water is coming out between the flush and the tattle tail

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Under what conditions is water coming out of the idle relief port? There are a number of factors (backpressure, water pressure, engine RPM, trim angle engine depth in water, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor