Nitro Boat Cover

I saw that Bass Pro reviews on the Nitro Bass Boat over for the Z18 are all bad. Anyone here have a positive experience with the cover?

I have one for my dual console, zero problems with it at all. Mine is a travel cover.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

3. Member
    If you're referring to the Dowco covers, I would agree with the reviews but probably depends on how you're using them. I never trailered with one except for short trips and mainly used for outside storage. After two years, started seeing problems with leaking and seams. In 3rd year, had problems with seams and material tearing but the UV can wreak havoc with even the best of covers. The ratchet design was the best feature. Fit can be an issue depending on TM model. I was using a Fortrex during the time I had the cover but switched to an Ultrex and pretty sure it would not have fit as well but that may have been changed by now.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

I dunno if the Z18 covers are any different then the z21s, been happy with my covers. Course mine sits in a garage, if its going to be outside, and direct sunlight, i'd plan on having to get a new one every 2-3 years.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    The Dowco covers are very nice covers, nothing will last long if stored outside in the elements though. I agree, I would figure on replacing it every few years if your going to store outside all year.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

6. Member
    I had a seam failure on my first one for my 19. Second one was the duel color and has been perfect so far. Had a dowco that had a seam fail a few years ago and they repaired. Just sent it in and it came back a couple weeks later. All of them can have failures lots of pressure especially if you trailer at hwy speeds.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

7. Member
    The Dowco cover that came with my Z19 is the best boat cover I've ever had.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

8. Member
    So far the cover that came with my Z19 has been good. I do keep my boat in a garage. I had a Procraft and had an Aurora canvas cover on it so when i need to get another cover i will probably be calling aurora up. The quality of that cover is just awesome.

9. Member
    I do trailer with mine which it is made for. 3 trips and I already have a tear/hole on the top of the console screen. We tow behind a large camper which cuts the wind down considerably, but some how it still tore. Will see if they replace it and if the replacement has any issues.

10. Member
    Sometimes trailering in the draft of another vehicle causes "jolting" turbulence in multiple directions that is more damaging than straight, smooth wind. Cover all sharp points with slit tennis balls and long, sharp edges with gray pipe-insulating foam tubes.

11. Member
    The covers are not bad. It is NOT a trailering cover. It is a storage cover.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    The covers are not bad. It is NOT a trailering cover. It is a storage cover.
    Mine trailers just fine at 75+ for hours
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    Dowco covers are made for trailering and have instructions in the purchase paperwork in doing so. $800 for storage would be excessive.

I tried the pipe insulation and it cut it in half. It does make sense about the draft, it does appear to throw the wind directly on the consoles. I'll figure something out when I get the replacement.

14. Member
    Just bought a Nitro ZV21 with a “mooring”/travel cover. Absolutely hate the cover. It is not designed to be kept at a dock in the water. Back corners go down into water and so will ratchets if put on correctly. I have to fold over back material to keep out of water which causes sags in cover. Sides are too short. Was looking forward to a cover specifically designed for my boat from the factory. Bass Pro Shops failed miserably.
    I would love to see Johnny Morris put the cover on the boat at a dock. Not impressed with ratchets either used to tighten cover.