Pickwick Lake - Mid July

Hey guys. I am from southern Kentucky and am coming down to Pickwick the week of July 13-17. I will be staying in Florence.

I’ve never been to Pickwick before so I am looking for any advice/tips that you may be willing to share on the fishing.

Also, what are some ramps that you might recommend? I will be there Tuesday-Friday.

Thanks!

2. Member
    If staying in Florence just use Florence Harbor. Pay close attention to where you are as it can get shallow quick.

3. Member
    tailrace fishing is cool and all but if you want to fish the ledges or find grass downriver don’t worry with the harbor at Florence, unless your boat gets better gas mileage than your truck. Only 25 minute ride out to brush creek park or waterloo/second creek.

4. Member
    +1 on this also.

If I were staying a few days I’d spend the first day out of McFarland park and fish the tail race, then put in at Waterloo and fish toward Pickwick dam. After that you can pick whichever is better for you, both should Be pretty good. Beautiful lake, good fishing, good places to eat.