Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Liking the idea but curious if you can leave it in while fishing? I think I would probably break 4 to 6 rods before it sunk in.

Everything in life is a trade-off. I might get one fabricated that is a little shorter and has a small right-angle bend at the top. Even so, I would gladly donate a few rods a year to have a support like that.

What would this be called on a Boat Order Options Sheet? Maybe a "Starboard side Stripper Pole"??

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Liking the idea but curious if you can leave it in while fishing? I think I would probably break 4 to 6 rods before it sunk in.
    Maybe should get one made out of rubber!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Everything in life is a trade-off. I might get one fabricated that is a little shorter and has a small right-angle bend at the top. Even so, I would gladly donate a few rods a year to have a support like that.

What would this be called on a Boat Order Options Sheet? Maybe a "Starboard side Stripper Pole"??
    Looks really nice! I like the removable pole! Can I buy one from Vexus?

4. Member
    I'm 63 had two back surgeries and have two artificial shoulders and the best riding boats I've owned were Skeeters. I've owned many "older" boats (Triton, Ranger, Stratos,etc.) before all the new companies came onto the scene. In 2008 I bought a new 20i. It will be the last boat I own. My wife says she's going to bury me in it. I have it set up for an old fart like myself with an Ulterra (auto stow and deploy) and getting it recarpeted with the fatigue mat (for the bow) and new 24 oz. carpet. I'm sure someone will come by and bash Skeeter but to each his own. If a friend or family member was asking me about buying a good riding boat that takes waves really well I would tell them to find a later model 20i and make it his own. I believe Skeeter has come out with a hull similar to the 20i hull but I'm too old to buy a $75,000 boat.

5. Member
    I'm 72 and have lower back issues as well, but I'm still hanging in there with my 2004 Skeeter SX190. I move a little more deliberately in the boat now than I used to, and I wear my auto/manual PFD more often. Just bein' somewhat more aware of things now.

"Whoever said 'the pen is mightier than the sword' has obviously never been stabbed."

Maybe run a little more cautiously and not wide open in rough water. 5railer to ramps closest to where you plan to fish.

7. Member
    I am a Ranger guy, but the new Caymas seems to do everything well.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Maybe run a little more cautiously and not wide open in rough water. 5railer to ramps closest to where you plan to fish.
    Now there's an idea! Let that keel slice and dice.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    Have to agree with a couple of the other posters, the Trackers have an unbelievable ride. It is weird really, they feel like a go fast boat like Bullet or Allison that is trimmed down in a chop.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 618PRO View Post
    Have to agree with a couple of the other posters, the Trackers have an unbelievable ride. It is weird really, they feel like a go fast boat like Bullet or Allison that is trimmed down in a chop.
    A hull that dampens out rough waters is part of the equation. The bigger issue with me is moving around inside the boat. Low down seats that put a load on my knees when getting up can be very painful. High steps from the front deck to the center of the boat are painful when stepping down. I'm 6'3", so consoles built around shorter people with little leg room can be an issue on long runs.

I've been thinking about something like this, but maybe only 10" wide.

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Hand...91W28Y4NF3QGCT
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    A hull that dampens out rough waters is part of the equation. The bigger issue with me is moving around inside the boat. Low down seats that put a load on my knees when getting up can be very painful. High steps from the front deck to the center of the boat are painful when stepping down. I'm 6'3", so consoles built around shorter people with little leg room can be an issue on long runs.
    My Tracker is cavernous under the console. Sure I'm only 5-7 with a long torso and stumps for legs but I have no doubt someone nearly a foot taller than me would be comfortable driving it. My 175txw honestly feels like a bigger boat than it really is when driving it. Yes the step up to the front deck is a little steep but just about anyone can build a step to fix that problem. Seats are a little low though. There's a reason why the Revolution hull is so popular and price is only part of the reason. Those who have never ridden in one in rough water will never understand why so many people like them. Vexus, Avid, and Polar Kraft are the only other tin mod-V bass boats that I can see riding at least as good as the Tracker. I'd have to ride in an Xpress to be a believer but just by looking at the hull I don't see how they could ride that good even being a pad boat. Big part of a soft ride in rough water is having a good keel to cut the chop when needed.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    Would you consider a center console? Recently moved from a Ranger fiberglass bass boat to a Ranger aluminum RB190. Much easier to move around in and I can fish for a varielty of species including bass. Ranger now makes a RB 200 which gives you even more options. You could even look at a fiberglass center console if you dont like aluminum. I dont miss having to get up and down out of my bass boat driver seat and my 115 4 stroke is nice as well. Just a thought. Giood luck in whatever you do.
    "Dedicated to Dad. He always had time to take me fishing." Jerry McKinnis

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash5150 View Post
    Would you consider a center console? Recently moved from a Ranger fiberglass bass boat to a Ranger aluminum RB190. Much easier to move around in and I can fish for a varielty of species including bass. Ranger now makes a RB 200 which gives you even more options. You could even look at a fiberglass center console if you dont like aluminum. I dont miss having to get up and down out of my bass boat driver seat and my 115 4 stroke is nice as well. Just a thought. Giood luck in whatever you do.
    Thanks!!! I will definately consider this.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    How about a custom wheelchair with pontoons attached
    Dang you bashed every manufacturer . watch fishing on tv cause your Looking for a unicorn perfect boat doesn’t exist.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234