Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you have any questions about the Hybrid hit me up. Like our Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/270845500989135/

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Aggie Bass,

let us inject that you should consider our new Hybrid 203 hull from your description. It fits either the Cougar FTD or the Puma FTD decks and we think from your description of your wants. Also in this world today 56 “ain’t” old anymore, wore out maybe, old it is not. We sell several to folks in their 70’s and even a few in their 80’s.

Enjoying it while they can!

BCB

2. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    56 isn't old.... is it?
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungle George View Post
    56 years old? Yer a dang kid! Just wait, you ain't seen nothin'!

That's what scares the hell out of me. i abused the hell out of my body as a youngster and boy am I paying for it now.

If you've not looked at the Charger Elites, you're missing out on the ride...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

5. Member
    I will give you an answer that most will say is completely wrong. 60 years of fishing. 23 years with one boat manuf on a memo build boats. The best boat I could find for a buy with a bad back and knees is, believe it or not is a Tracker 175 or 195 TXW when rigged properly. Not fancy, not fast, but the best ride I have ever been in in chop. It will not pound your back. Nope you dont need a 95k Hydroblaster. Just a boat that wont hurt your back and they wont. Nope dont have one, but when my back does go, I will have one. You guys can start laughing now, but it is true.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    I will give you an answer that most will say is completely wrong. 60 years of fishing. 23 years with one boat manuf on a memo build boats. The best boat I could find for a buy with a bad back and knees is, believe it or not is a Tracker 175 or 195 TXW when rigged properly. Not fancy, not fast, but the best ride I have ever been in in chop. It will not pound your back. Nope you dont need a 95k Hydroblaster. Just a boat that wont hurt your back and they wont. Nope dont have one, but when my back does go, I will have one. You guys can start laughing now, but it is true.
    It's partially true because they don't go fast enough to pound you. You can go very slow on plane. But me being 67 years old, I would never have something that unstable. As you get older, you need a more stable platform, and a wider deck. Not somethong so light it could throw you out just moving from one side to the other.

7. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    They do have a soft landing. My buddy was in mine not long after double fusion surgery in his back and said it rode as good or better than the Charger 186 he was running at the time. He compared them apples to apples because 40mph is usually about the fastest he runs most of the time because there's no reason to run any faster unless in a tournament. He's in a Champion 196 now and that thing is a Cadillac. As for stability in a Tracker, the 175 and 190 aren't the most stables boats by any means but in that price bracket I doubt you'll find a better riding BASS BOAT hull. The 195 is a giant and looks like it would be a pretty stable hull for what it is and ride nice too even in the 60mph range.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

I would consider the new Bass Cat hybred first and a Charger second for the needs you describe, These 2 will provide a smoother ride than anything else on the market today
    There are props that can greatly improve the ride of any boat by providing low and mid range lift, keeps the bow from dropping fast, I run a reworked Fury that is extremely good in this area, Generaly speaking a four blade such as a Bravo does better for a smooth ride
    Last edited by lpugh; 07-04-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Charger 210, it’s not 21’; but it’s 20’10”. Won’t find many better rough water rigs and it’s an “old man’s” boat.
    Yes sir, would be right in contention with the Bass Cat Hybred I think
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I am sorry Ranger guys but they are one of the worst for someone with a bad back, I don't consider my Cougar to be a great rough water boat but it provides much softer ride than any Ranger, Ranger can take the water well but the my back can not take the pounding from them
    Thank You Leon Pugh

11. Member
    Heard charger boats are good , not sure of there trailers though
    2006 champion 187

I'm 65 and love my Phoenix, my Bullet isn't too bad either!!

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Must be nice. I can barely take care of one!
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

14. Banned
    Charger 210 !... best riding boat ‘ hand down !...

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    It’s beautiful, Andy!!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by mike camp View Post
    Heard charger boats are good , not sure of there trailers though
    Depends on how you take care of them. Mine is 20 years old, still in good shape

Well, I'm 73, bad back and knees and I have a Ranger 2002, 205vx. I've upgraded to 2017 single seats,so The ride is much better and added a step to get up on the front deck and a coin box to get up to the rear deck. I'm now considering adding a "U" shaped 3' high grab pole for the front to help stabilize me going up and down from the front deck. It will mount to the floor alongside the driver console.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

18. Member

I like this ideal!!! And the step is wide. Might need to take another look at Vexus!!!

19. Member

Liking the idea but curious if you can leave it in while fishing? I think I would probably break 4 to 6 rods before it sunk in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast