Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar

Thumbs Up Been absent for a while

Hi all,

I have to confess, my XB21 2+2 hasn't been out of the garage in over two years. I bought an aluminum tiller steer duck boat in 2018 that sits outside and it has turned out to be super convenient to hook up and go fishing and it's a little more manageable for the wife to tow when we go camping.

The 2+2 ended up being a "catch all" for fishing tackle and all kinds of junk. Over the last two years, my daughter who has to save all animals, has taken in some stray and lost cats and of course, they live in our garage. I found the cats had made a hotel out of my 2+2.
    Let me tell you, it was bad. It took me 3 days of detailing and cleaning to get the carpet cleaned, compartments cleaned, and power washed and vacuumed. It looks brand new now.

I installed a set of Goodyear Endurance tires to replace 11 year old dry rotted Marathons, it's getting all new batteries, and I'm putting on a new jackplate. I drained all oil and gas and replaced with fresh. it's at the shop now to get the engine looked at to be sure it's safe to start and we get the fuel lines and everything cleaned out and ready to run.

I hope to have it fully operational and water ready in a couple of weeks. BTW, the sportmaster is running the amber Extreme gear case lube and I have the double lower unit seals installed from Todd DeFilipps. It should never pop a seal again!! (famous last words)

Hope to have it water ready in two weeks. I'm excited to be using it again.

take care!
    Last edited by F150owner; 06-28-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

2. Member
    Get it out on the water!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. Banned
    Got you one of them tin can havocs, eh???

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Sweet!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Bout time you get that boat on the water! Is the Clifton gang having a rally this year?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Bout time you get that boat on the water! Is the Clifton gang having a rally this year?
    It's next week. Hope to have my Allison back by then.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak