Thread: Starting search

Starting search

I’ve just started the search for my first real bass boat! Of course, I’m in a bit of information overload. But I feel Like I’ve found the right place to ask this question. Have Nitro boats always had removable tubs in storage compartments? Or is that something new? Not sure how I feel about that system. Thanks

2. Member
    Don’t know the answer to your question, but I like the system because when you remove the tubs, you have access to the back of the boat. Also makes it easier to run wires.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

3. Dogfish_Jones
    The removable tubs in the back have been a standard items for a few years now. Too me they are great. You can pull them out when running transducer wires, when you need access to get to your engine battery. Plus just pulling the tray out to look at all the junk you have accumulated in there is great.

The tubs are great.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Removeable tubs have been in Nitros for 20 plus years. Use to think I did not want them either, but being able to remove easily is very nice.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    I like that they are removable.

7. Member
    I thought they were cheesy when I first saw the removable tubs. But it makes so much more sense now. Very functional

My 2004 Nitro NX750 had them. I liked them a lot. If you need to empty the boat to take to a dealer or park it outside made for an easy emptying. Just do not lose or break one. They can be tough to replace and if you can find one, probably expensive too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    I thought it was a cheap design but now I own one I love it. I suggest getting a 2nd deep container to replace the shallow one.
    Nitro z21

Love them, can pull them out and drop in totes with musky baits in seconds and have more gear than bass pro shops. Love them so much it's one of the main reasons I may buy another nitro.

ohh and if I'm meeting up with another nitro owner I'll load up one tub, tell him to have one empty and it's seconds to be ready to go.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I feel better now about it!

12. Member
    I had a Procraft with the removable tubs and it was nice and with my Nitro i love them. I have no complaints.

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    All my gear gets unloaded after each trip... The tubs make that process SO much simpler.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    People who own Nitro's usually love the tubs, people who don't own Nitro's usually don't like them. I own a Nitro therefore I think they are great. The day before I go fishing with my wife I bring one of the tubs into the house so she can pack it up with whatever she wants to bring. This helps make loading the boat quick and easy in the morning.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS