Banned

196-198-210 owners

Any of you guys (or gals) prop testers, if so, what’s been your favorite?

I’ve run a fury 4, bravo xs, tempest & trophy on my 198; but have never tried a fury 3 blade. Have any of y’all ran the fury 3 and if yes, how did it handle vs a tempest.

2. Member
    I have the 210. When I had the 2 stroke 250 Pro XS I was running a Tempest Plus 25. Then I switched to a Fury 3 blade 25 . I'm not really aware of much change in difference between those two except the Fury held the boat up a little better on top end I thought. It might have been 1-1.5 faster. Maybe.

I now have the 4 stroke 250 Pro XS and I think I have a 3 blade Fury 24 on it . I think it tops out with me at 240 lbs a full tank of fuel and tourney load at 5800 @ 69.4 gps. That's on a good day after you let it stretch a little. It never has spun that prop to 6000. All vent plugs removed and it could use a little better holeshot, especially with 2 people.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Grout I have a 198 and have/or have used a number of different props, the one that I run most is a 25 pitch 3 blade Fury. The fastest that I have run has been the Fury with a 25 Tempest running about the same (70-72) depending on load and location. Just running at one of our local lakes with an elevation of 1000 ft will slow you down to 69-70. Actually my favorite prop is a Bravo XS 25.5 pitch, the hole shot is explosive and handling is super the main fault with it is loading onto the trailer. (It's a dog) I usually use it when I fish the Delta because of the hole shot a lot of the time the water is shallow and you need to get on plane quick. Oh by the way the 25 Fury will only turn up to about 5700 where the Tempest will turn about 5900. Hope this helps. Don
    Last edited by donmuffy; 07-02-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I have a 210 with a 250 HPDI. I've got a couple of props that both perform about the same. Both are Yamaha Vmax with the T1 barrels. One is a 25 and the other a 27 that I had Steve repitch to a 26. The 26 is a little slower out of the hole. Both give the 210 plenty of lift. Got a new Tempest 25 in the box that'll I'll send to Josh at Steve's one of these days to get trued and and maybe B&B if I'm feeling flush.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donmuffy View Post
    Grout I have a 198 and have/or have used a number of different props, the one that I run most is a 25 pitch 3 blade Fury. The fastest that I have run has been the Fury with a 25 Tempest running about the same (70-72) depending on load and location. Just running at one of our local lakes with an elevation of 1000 ft will slow you down to 69-70. Actually my favorite prop is a Bravo XS 25.5 pitch, the hole shot is explosive and handling is super the main fault with it is loading onto the trailer. (It's a dog) I usually use it when I fish the Delta because of the hole shot a lot of the time the water is shallow and you need to get on plane quick. Oh by the way the 25 Fury will only turn up to about 5700 where the Tempest will turn about 5900. Hope this helps. Don

Thanks, does the fury give more bow lift than your tempest? My tempest has zero bow lift, neither did my bravo. Bravo had stern lift, but my boat ran weird a bit different with it. My trophy has the best feel, but is lacking in speed. I ran a fury 4 briefly, years ago, but I can’t remember how it did in the handling. I honestly didn’t run it enough to give it a thorough review.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I have a 210 with a 250 HPDI. I've got a couple of props that both perform about the same. Both are Yamaha Vmax with the T1 barrels. One is a 25 and the other a 27 that I had Steve repitch to a 26. The 26 is a little slower out of the hole. Both give the 210 plenty of lift. Got a new Tempest 25 in the box that'll I'll send to Josh at Steve's one of these days to get trued and and maybe B&B if I'm feeling flush.

If I was smart, I’d just send mine to him and have him add some cup to it.

7. Member
    Grout, no the Fury does not have a lot of bow lift nor does the Bravo. The Tempest has a bit more lift and it has been B&B that may be why it has more lift, but the Fury has also been worked on so I'm not sure. My Pro XS is getting along in years and I'm sure it is starting to drop off in the power department (900hrs). Just keep trying props until you find what you like. Don

8. Member
    A 26 TEMPEST RUNS BEST ON MY 196 WITH 3.3 YAMAHA !

9. Member
    Run a 26 Tempest worked by Mark Croxton on my 06 198 with the XS. They are not good out of the box.

I've run several on my 196. 24 Trophy was pretty good, but a worked 25 Tempest was faster. My favorites though have been a 25 TR04 that Mark Croxton worked for me and my current prop which is a 25 Croxton Razor 4 XL.

11. Member
    I run a Stock 25 tempest Plus on my 225 opti 198, runs 66-67 and on a good day it’ll go 69
    thinking if sending my prop off to Mark croxton to see if I can get a few more mph out of this rig