Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Which tires for my Tracker?

My TXW175 has 13 inch tires on it. It's about time to replace them, what tires do you run on your Tracker?

2. Member
    Also will 185 80 r13 fit on the stock tracker rims? They come with 175 80 r13

3. Member
    I am currently running Power King Chinese tires. They are ok I guess. Load range C, 6 ply. I will also be replacing tires soon and I think I will go with Carlise 8 ply load range D in 185/13. Is there a better tire? I don’t know. I use the Goodyear Endurance for my other trailers and it is an excellent tire but GY doesn’t offer it in a 13.

4. #FRB
    I'll be watching this closely since the tires on my 2016 are over 4 years old now. I only pull it about 20 miles roundtrip 1-2 times a week so might hold off until my truck needs new tires in a couple years and get all 6 at once. I did run Power King tires on my old single axle BassCat Pantera Classic trailer and they did fine. Same distance to and from lake most of the time so take my experience with a grain of salt. I like the 8 ply Carlisle tires but considering the stock tires are in theory softer being C rated I wonder if the leaf springs will like that? I've heard of springs breaking on some boat trailers when stiffer tires were put on even though I think the trailer could greatly benefit from D-rated tires with a fully loaded 175 or 190 on it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    5690F677-053F-466D-9653-E11CF679A21A.jpeg

Power King 215/14 at 50 psi. Load range C 6 ply. 5 years old. 20 miles from home at 60 mph. No warning at all,,,BANG! They don’t call em “China bombs” for nothing!

Learned my lesson for keeping tires too long AND buying cheap tires.
    When buying Goodyear Endurance to fix this fiasco I also bought a Carlise load range D as the spare. It a good looking tire but who knows. I have towed my PT185 up I-75 thru Atlanta (250 miles) many times at 70mph on those 13” Power Kings. I am a little gun shy now and plan to replace them before any more interstate runs.

Would love to hear of a good 13” tire if anybody knows of one.
    Last edited by LT4247; 06-28-2020 at 11:31 AM.

6. Member
    Maxxis M8008 is a good trailer tire.

7. Member
    Ah yes searching for a good 13 inch tire. It's no fun. I have the same trailer and I went with the Carlisle Radial Trail HD. ST 185/80 R13. I upgraded to a slightly wider rim (5.5 I believe). I have read if you buy online you need to watch mfg date. They are D load at 65psi. Boat really tows nice now. Yes I know they are a Chinese tire, but with 13 in your options are limited

8. Member
    I run a load D range 13 inch tire. I think it is the same one that spec has. I have a 195 and you could see the load Cs giving and the trailer bouncing. I put the load Ds on after the first year and they ride a lot better with 65 pounds in them. Plus they are rated to a higher speed.

The 185/80r13 tires will fit your stock fenders but to be honest there is zero gain. There isnt really an option worth much in the 14” size. I fought it and the maxxis tires i had were the best but still not adequate they flexed so much. Ebishop gave me the idea with his rig to fully upgrade. 15” wheels with a 205/50r15 tire fits exactly the same but you can get passenger car tires that are rated properly for the weight but ride and wear about 10 times better. Plus higher speed rating. Best setup ever had i even swapped to 15” wheels and cooper tires on the new boat. I dont waste my time with trailer service tires anymore.
    767D5F84-794E-427A-9FB7-11C5D378F1E1.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    So will the 185 tire fit on a 175 rim?

11. Member
    I read somewhere they both fit a 5.0” rim so I am guessing:::yes

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Last edited by LT4247; 08-06-2020 at 05:04 AM.

12. Member
    I think your painted rims are 4.5 and I got new alum rims that I now believe to be 5. For some reason I want to say no, but perhaps a tire shop guy would know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Yes. Hieght is the only difference between the 2 sizes. I had 13” aluminum wheels before the 15” and they were 13x5”. No fitment issues.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Banned
    I bought new wheels and tires for mine and went with 195/60R15. Here is a pic , plenty of clearance and did that back in 2011 when she was new.

FB5E2074-1C4F-42D0-A7C8-A1FD7F234C71.jpeg

15. #FRB
    Since I don't have to pull my boat far and rarely ever over 60mph I'll probably just go with the Maxxis or Carlisle (whichever my tire dealer can get for me) and be done with it.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

16. Member
    Ended up with the Carlisle Radial Trail HD in the load range D so i can put 65 pounds in them. Hard to beat at $56 on amazon. They were just manufactured 3 months ago so should be good to go.

Iam currently running Roy’s old rims and tires. The M8008’s are still in great shape. But I will be changing them this winter due to age. Not because of wear.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

18. Member
    Not to hijack, but I've got the 13" Load Star tires on my 195 trailer. Already had a catastophic failure of one so had to buy a replacement wheel and tire. Does anyone elses training bounce WAY more than it should? I've adjusted the boat position as much as I could and I still had a couple times on the last trip that I hit the right "rythym" in the road and could see daylight under the tires. I have no idea what to do at this point but I saw someone else post the same issue with thier trailer so I thought it would be worth asking to see if anyone has a solution.

19. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Not to hijack, but I've got the 13" Load Star tires on my 195 trailer. Already had a catastophic failure of one so had to buy a replacement wheel and tire. Does anyone elses training bounce WAY more than it should? I've adjusted the boat position as much as I could and I still had a couple times on the last trip that I hit the right "rythym" in the road and could see daylight under the tires. I have no idea what to do at this point but I saw someone else post the same issue with thier trailer so I thought it would be worth asking to see if anyone has a solution.
    They're using the same dinky 13" tires on the 195? Holy hell that's a lot of boat for those little tires. The stock tires do have a lot of give to them in my experience even with 50psi in them. I'd upgrade to the stoutest tires you can ASAP and max out the pressure.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Get some load D tires. I bought the same brand tire that came with my 195 but in a load D 185 or 195 tire with 65 pounds and all those issues went away, Mine bounced when the trailer swayed but I would not say it was as extreme as you are describing. With the load D tire it was rated for a higher speed but the additional air pressure made a huge difference. It rolls in the shop easier and tows much better. IMO the factory load C tires are not enough tire for the 195 model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast