Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Get some load D tires. I bought the same brand tire that came with my 195 but in a load D 185 or 195 tire with 65 pounds and all those issues went away, Mine bounced when the trailer swayed but I would not say it was as extreme as you are describing. With the load D tire it was rated for a higher speed but the additional air pressure made a huge difference. It rolls in the shop easier and tows much better. IMO the factory load C tires are not enough tire for the 195 model.
    With the research I've done up to this point I don't think I disagree with anything you've stated. The 195 w/ a 150 and full of gear is a lot of weight on C tires. I'll be getting them swapped out before my next trip up north in September.

I thought the pt195 came with 14” wheels on it? The ones i seen at bps were all 14” wheel. 13” isnt adequate for the 175 or 190 let alone that hull.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I thought the pt195 came with 14” wheels on it? The ones i seen at bps were all 14” wheel. 13” isnt adequate for the 175 or 190 let alone that hull.
    If that's the case they are certainly getting away with selling them that way.

The standard model is 13” looked on their site. The boats i seen on the floor were tourney models they come with the 14” wheels like on the nitro trailers. That would be my first upgrade if you wanted to avoid problems.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    The standard model is 13” looked on their site. The boats i seen on the floor were tourney models they come with the 14” wheels like on the nitro trailers. That would be my first upgrade if you wanted to avoid problems.
    Im doing some shopping as I type this. Just need to see if I can find a 14" D rated wheel/tire set. Eastern Marine is where I bought the new one after the last one got destroyed but all their Tracker specific combos are only C rated in 13 and 14'.

6. #FRB
    If my drive to and from the lake I fish 99% of the time wasn't so short (10 mins tops) I'd be doing the 15" wheel/tire combo upgrade.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    If my drive to and from the lake I fish 99% of the time wasn't so short (10 mins tops) I'd be doing the 15" wheel/tire combo upgrade.
    Yeah, I need to do that as well. I just dont know what the tallest tire size is that I can fit with the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Yeah, I need to do that as well. I just dont know what the tallest tire size is that I can fit with the trailer.
    Post #9 on this thread has that info and a picture. Thats my old setup.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Banned
    Check out tires at Costco , had them delivered at the house , free mounting , valve stems no charge . In and out in a half hour . 3 tires / 3 rims . 👍

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    My TXW175 has 13 inch tires on it. It's about time to replace them, what tires do you run on your Tracker?
    My Ranger Trail trailer had ST175/80R13's on it and swapped them to ST205/75R14 Goodyear Endurance tires on SenDel wheels.

The 205 tires were just over an inch taller than the 185's were so that means it is only just over 1/2" closer to the fender.

Mine had plenty of room there and I would bet ours does as well.

You can go to Discount Tire and have them put one on there and make sure it will fit before buying.

If they won't you can swap the shackles for longer ones to gain wheel clearance.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

11. Member
    The 185/80r13 tires will fit your stock fenders but to be honest there is zero gain. There isnt really an option worth much in the 14” size. I fought it and the maxxis tires i had were the best but still not adequate they flexed so much. Ebishop gave me the idea with his rig to fully upgrade. 15” wheels with a 205/50r15 tire fits exactly the same but you can get passenger car tires that are rated properly for the weight but ride and wear about 10 times better. Plus higher speed rating. Best setup ever had i even swapped to 15” wheels and cooper tires on the new boat. I dont waste my time with trailer service tires anymore.
    Attachment 414532
    What load and speed did you end up going to with the 205/50/15 setup?

12. Member
    Good Year Endurance are solid trailer tires. Most people need to change tires because of age, not wear. Make sure you are checking for cracking and dry rot, that's usually what causes failures, not wear. My general rule is start considering replacing after 4 years to be safe, I check them all each trip prior to leaving for proper inflation and cracking, nails or screws, etc. Lesson learned from a tire failure on a camper that torn the hell out of the fender and the bottom of the camper before I could get slowed down pulled over. Be mindful of your tires speed and temp rating as well, especially on long tires and during the heat of the summer. Cheap temp gun is useful at fuel stops on longer trips to grab quick temp checks.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Also will 185 80 r13 fit on the stock tracker rims? They come with 175 80 r13
    Carlisle Radial Trail HD in the size of ST185/80R13 for my Shorelandr trailer. That size should fit but call Tracker and confirm the size. I keep them at 50 psi (load range C).
    Last edited by FrancoCialone; 01-25-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12