1978 champion 2 live wells operation

Hi everyone I’m new to this site and I just picked up bass boat but I do not know how the two live wells work.
    I do not want to sink it my first time out. Any input would be great thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    2D201898-A4C8-44CC-99BC-95A87FEF919C.jpeg

Welcome Mark.

Best I can tell. Switch on right, flip to man. (manual) and the live well will fill, shut it off when you have the amount of water you want in the well. If you want the live well to circulate water, flip the switch to auto and set the time to min - max, or somewhere in between. Livewell will re-circulate/maybe aerate the water in the well for automatic period of time, shut off, then after a period it will come on again.
    Last edited by Ed R; 06-27-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    I’m Not getting any power to the control switch. Would that affect the tanks filling up and over flowing?
    I don’t want to use the live wells, is there a way to use the boat without the wells filling up with water and overflowing?
    I have a Bilge pump that comes out the back of the hall I believe it
    is for the tanks, is that supposed to run all the time when there’s water in the tanks?

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Reggie, Fred... can you all help here?

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    First off, that looks like an aftermarket timer assembly, so no telling how it's wired. What year boat are talking about here? I'm also assuming that the fill pump is running continuously? So until we get some questions answered and figure out what we're working with, let me ease you mind a bit. You're no going to sink your boat. If the livewell is filling to capacity, it should overflow out the back of the boat and not into the bilge area. If you can post a larger picture of that control panel, I'd like to see it. In fact, I'd also like to see the surrounding area around that panel.

6. Member

1978 Champion

Here are some pictures of my boat, it is a 1978 champion, I’ve tried to research it but I have been unable to verify what model it is
    I’m trying to figure out how The live wells work. The live well control panel is not working at all, I have no power going to it.
    I cannot find any valves except the bilge pump in the back, from the looks of it when if I put it in the water both front and rear tanks will fill up then I’ll have to turn on the bilge pump to pump,to pump out all of the water. is there a way to shut off or close the tanks?
    I really don’t care if the tanks work or not I just don’t want it to sink when I put it in the water. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks Mark