2020 200 pro xs 3 beeps

SN 2B742555
    went out today to break in new motor after 2.1 hours of running
    around, I stopped to fish when I went to restart motor I got 3 beeps
    ever time I start the motor, my vessel view shows fault code
    1071-6 and says Engine throttle demand sensor not working properly.
    is there anything I can check and possibly fix before making a trip back to the dealer?

2. Member
    Nope. Take it to the dealer. Needs new demand sensor

3. Member
    That’s what I was afraid of, I was hoping something was just out of adjustment.

4. Member
    Dealer said the hot foot was out of adjustment at idle, caused the fault. I looked at my rpms a few times and it was idling at 600 rpms.He said it was getting 100% throttle but wasn’t allowing to fully close at idle so upon start up it was thinking the throttle was partly open which would throw the code, as if I started it with my foot pressing on the throttle. He may have explained it a little different my phone was cutting in and out of service when I was talking to him but I think I got the most of it.Hope I’m good to go now lol.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819 View Post
    Dealer said the hot foot was out of adjustment at idle, caused the fault. I looked at my rpms a few times and it was idling at 600 rpms.He said it was getting 100% throttle but wasn’t allowing to fully close at idle so upon start up it was thinking the throttle was partly open which would throw the code, as if I started it with my foot pressing on the throttle. He may have explained it a little different my phone was cutting in and out of service when I was talking to him but I think I got the most of it.Hope I’m good to go now lol.
    Plausible explanation. The range of travel on these engines requires that the idle stop screw actually be utilized- and the spring tension set as one of the very first steps in setting up the hotfoot.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks for the reassurance Don. Taking to the lake Sunday, I will let you know how it goes.

7. Member
    Ran the boat today, no alarms ran how it should. Hope I’m good to go for awhile.