Thumbs Up Love the Okashira screwhead!

Went out with a friend late last year that put me onto the Megabass Okashira screwhead jig. That thing is awesome, and a new confidence bait I always keep in the boat.

We went back up to my favorite smallmouth fishery here in New Hampshire, and the wind that was forecasted never showed up, so we were met with bluebird skies and calm conditions. Put a good one in the boat with the spybait first while we were waiting on the wind to pick up, and once we realized it wasn't going to happen, we switched over the Okashira and went to work. My buddy did way better with it than I did, but man is that bait awesome. You can fish it a few different ways, and that's what it took to trick these fickle fish into biting.

They are deadly. Very sticky in regards to hookup rario too.

Nice job.
    I've been doing pretty good on the okashera.
    All large mouth for me though. Going to try for some small mouth tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Mark, I had to look this up to see what it was. Nice looking jighead, any idea if/when they'll make a heavier and/or weedless version?

Or do they already have something on the market that covers that niche? I'd love a 1/4, 3/8 oz or heavier weedless jighead for fishing some of the heavy cover around here. Been making do with some swimjigs with the typical fiber weedguard, just looking for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Mark, I had to look this up to see what it was. Nice looking jighead, any idea if/when they'll make a heavier and/or weedless version?

Or do they already have something on the market that covers that niche? I'd love a 1/4, 3/8 oz or heavier weedless jighead for fishing some of the heavy cover around here. Been making do with some swimjigs with the typical fiber weedguard, just looking for something different.

There are always new stuff in the works. That being said I have not asked if he have a heavier version coming. I will ask your question to the prople that will know. .

We have a heavier jighead called the Body Balance that may interest you. We have a great swim jig called the Uoze Swimmer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    There are always new stuff in the works. That being said I have not asked if he have a heavier version coming. I will ask your question to the prople that will know. .

We have a heavier jighead called the Body Balance that may interest you. We have a great swim jig called the Uoze Swimmer.
    Thanks, I'll look them up.

I like a heavier jighead fishing current in the Cooper River or some areas in Santee, but non-weedless jigheads don't last long in the wood. Just experimenting seeing what works best in certain situations.

Edit.....Ok, looked at the Body Balance and the Uoze on the website. Like the looks of the Body Balance and the Okashera, but either would last maybe 1-2 casts before they're hopelessly hung where I'd be using them. If they put a titanium weedguard on them it would help. Particularly in the Cooper River, current, deeper water and lots of wood makes non weedless heads almost impossible to use.

Uoze looks interesting. Can't find much Megabass around here to look at one, I might order one just to give it a shot.
    Last edited by c rig; 06-27-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Whatever you do with those Okashira screw heads, be sure to use at least 20 lb test line on them, or you'll surely lose it.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They are deadly. Very sticky in regards to hookup rario too.
    Absolutely sticky. Surprising how sticky they are actually, I've been throwing it on 8 lb flouro leaders and just leaning into them, and they've been PINNED.

9. Member
    Dude your fishing my spot.....

10. Member
    I have had good luck with them for trout,flounder and redfish. Using them with the hazedong shad. Do wish I could get them with a little larger hook.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Dude your fishing my spot.....
    I plead the 5th.

12. Member
    This thing catches fish. Using a 3" spark shad in baby bass. 4 fish in first 15 cast. Only down side is the spark shad tear up very easy. Any suggestions on how to make them last longer.