Owner Twist lock Open Gap Hooks ? For t-rigs?

Would like to have some feedback on the Owner Twist lock Open Gap Hooks. They seem they would be great for T-rigs. My only concern in the twist lock rubbing against the mail line causing it to eventually fail. Thoughts?

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owne...page-OTLC.html

2. Banned
    I use these with great sucess the most frustrating thing with any t rig or weedless set up plastics is the plastic balling up on the point this will never happen plus your plastics will last longer maybe a few extra fish per bait to me the only issue is the eye of the hook is semi exposed when pegged causing grass to catch in that spot

Quote Originally Posted by Stickworm420 View Post
    I use these with great sucess the most frustrating thing with any t rig or weedless set up plastics is the plastic balling up on the point this will never happen plus your plastics will last longer maybe a few extra fish per bait to me the only issue is the eye of the hook is semi exposed when pegged causing grass to catch in that spot
    Thanks !

4. Member
    I use these hooks for everything. They work great. Also check out the light wire version. They also have a hardcore flipping hook too. My only suggestion is maybe trim a bit of the pin it it's too long.
    I had a great tournament run one Aug to dec. Had the same 5/0 hook and 3/8 oz sinker on 50 # braid for maybe 17 weeks. Caught maybe 150 bass on that one hook. 4" chompers tube black red flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I use these hooks for everything. They work great. Also check out the light wire version. They also have a hardcore flipping hook too. My only suggestion is maybe trim a bit of the pin it it's too long.
    I had a great tournament run one Aug to dec. Had the same 5/0 hook and 3/8 oz sinker on 50 # braid for maybe 17 weeks. Caught maybe 150 bass on that one hook. 4" chompers tube black red flake.
    Great to know, thanks for the feedback appreciate it.

It's a great hook. I use it for weightless Senkos and flukes. They also make a weighted version, 1/8th and 1/16th oz. that I use when I want to get them deeper or when it's windy so they don't wind drift on me.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I use that hook in 5/0 for soft bodied frogs, works great and I really enjoy the pin for centering the bait and getting it started. I’ve never tried them as a T rig hook but with something like a fluke that rips literally every time you set the hook, I can see this working quite well!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV