Thread: Water spots

Water spots

What is a good/awesome water spot remover for fiberglass!?

Ej

2. Member
    I use a spray bottle 50/50 water/vinegar.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Slick Mist

Once they set, it is much harder to get off. If the boat is wiped down with Slick Mist or Bass Boat Saver right after every outing, water spots will never form. Yes you are removing the waterline and grime but you are also leaving a protective film on the boat to prevent anything sticking on the next trip.

5. Member
    Pro-tec has a spot remover

6. Member
    I just got some Peregrine 250 water spot remover from Tackle Warehouse, so I'll see how it works. I have water spots that are over 2 months old, since my boat has been in the shop that long. If I remember, I'll report back how it works. Sounds like 50/50 vinegar and water would be a hell of a lot cheaper than what I paid....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Mothers CMX twice a year and you have water spots, takes all of two minutes to wipe down with a dry towel
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    Lime-A-Way. Spray on hose off then wipe down. Will need a coat of wax afterwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Once they set, it is much harder to get off. If the boat is wiped down with Slick Mist or Bass Boat Saver right after every outing, water spots will never form. Yes you are removing the waterline and grime but you are also leaving a protective film on the boat to prevent anything sticking on the next trip.
    Agree 100% with above statement...I know this does not answers the OP's question but as they say 1 ounce prevention is sometimes worth a pound of cure.

Use CRL bath and kitchen spray foam to get rid of water spot. https://www.walmart.com/ip/CLR-Bath-...yABEgJvcPD_BwE .... Then do as mentioned above

10. Member
    I have been using Boat Bling Hot Sauce for years. Use the boat 2-3 times a week and usually wipe it down with Hot Sauce once a week in the garage. Sometimes it may be a couple of weeks.

Works great. Always removes all of the water spots and she shines like new when done.

11. Member
    Yup. Hot sauce or protec. Best out there.