Thread: Z520L Prop

Z520L Prop

What prop would you recommend for 2019 Z520L, 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke, Power poles? Thinking I may need a 4 blade Fury vs my 3 blade 23” to improve hole shot.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Is the hole shot unsatisfactory now? If so, are the vents wide open, and at what rpms does the bow break over? 4-blades do offer some advantages, but the majority are running the same prop you have now, with few complaints. Just trying to get some baseline data to see what kind of improvements might be needed.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Im running a 24P fury 4. It was a major improvement over my 23p fury. The 23 was 1-2 mph faster but the fury 4 overall was much better for me.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

4. Member
    Do you have power poles?

I got the same motor on my 520C, i have 10ft powerpole blades... im running a 23p FURY 3blade. My holeshot is very respectful with 1/2 tank of gas or more with a FULL load of tackle and 1 other person with me.
    I would run a 4blade if i had another choice cause im more about controlling the boat and not worried about speed

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Is the hole shot unsatisfactory now? If so, are the vents wide open, and at what rpms does the bow break over? 4-blades do offer some advantages, but the majority are running the same prop you have now, with few complaints. Just trying to get some baseline data to see what kind of improvements might be needed.
    Bow breaks over between 4200-4400

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Bow breaks over between 4200-4400
    Hmm. Still need a little more information. Does the engine spool up slowly to that rpm? [Seems like it would.] Then maybe climb quickly to that over-4000 range? If so, it’s probably breaking loose a little in order to get the rpms up to make ample horsepower, allowing the boat to plane out. A smaller diameter prop, which most 4-blades are, would probably have a more *even* horsepower/rpm curve, without that slow-then-fast rpm spike.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio