Helix 10 and 1199

Good morning, I have a 1199 on my bow. My question is if I put a Helix 10 at the drivers console will these 2 units be able to communicate and share information since the 1199 is much older, or do I need to get another Helix for the bow.
    Thank you all for your help.

My Helix 12 communicates with my 998 and 1198, so you shouldn't have any issues as long as they're networked together.

What will share between the units depends on which of the three generations of Helix 10. So you have to be specific with the whole model name of the Helix.

The most will share with a first generation Helix 10--Temp, 2D sonar, Imaging, Waypoints, GPS, and Ethernet accessories.
    Second generation Helix 10 have CHIRP and you can't share CHIRP to the 1199 and can't share MEGA Imaging.
    Third generation Helix 10 have HW CHIRP for 2D sonar and you can't share that to the 1199.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    What will share between the units depends on which of the three generations of Helix 10. So you have to be specific with the whole model name of the Helix.

The most will share with a first generation Helix 10--Temp, 2D sonar, Imaging, Waypoints, GPS, and Ethernet accessories.
    Second generation Helix 10 have CHIRP and you can't share CHIRP to the 1199 and can't share MEGA Imaging.
    Third generation Helix 10 have HW CHIRP for 2D sonar and you can't share that to the 1199.
    My unit is a generation 3. Will it share waypoints with the 1199? Do I need any special adapters or different wiring?
    Thanks alot for your assistance I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by paddleboat View Post
    My unit is a generation 3. Will it share waypoints with the 1199? Do I need any special adapters or different wiring?
    Thanks alot for your assistance I appreciate it.
    Both need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to them.
    Then an Ethernet cable to connect the two--AS EC 20E is the 20' version, there are several other lengths available.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Both need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to them.
    Then an Ethernet cable to connect the two--AS EC 20E is the 20' version, there are several other lengths available.
    Thanks Wayne

7. Member
    Wayne I have one more question for you. I assume the in hull transducer I used for the 1199 to read depth while on plane will not work with the Helix, what in hull transducer do I need? Thank you for your help.

Wayne I have one more question for you. I assume the in hull transducer I used for the 1199 to read depth while on plane will not work with the Helix, what in hull transducer do I need? Thank you for your help.
    Cannot answer that without you stating the entire unit model name. There is no "one-size-fits-all"
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    My unit is the Helix 10 g3n, chirp, mega si+, mega di+ it has the external transducer but not the in hull shoot thru not sure which one to get. Thanks

My unit is the Helix 10 g3n, chirp, mega si+, mega di+ it has the external transducer but not the in hull shoot thru not sure which one to get. Thanks
    The Helix has Dual Spectrum HW CHIRP for 2D sonar and the 1199 has Dual Beam 83/200 kHz for 2D sonar. They are not compatible.

The shoot-thru HW CHIRP transducer is the XP 9 HW
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Thank you for all your help.