Merc 250 v8 props?

I currently have the factory 23 fury. Curious what everyone else is running? It’s on a 19 nitro z20 and best top end I have seen is 69 gps @ 5900rpm. I’d like to see low 70s. Current ptp is approx. 3.25”.....interested in the bravo but not sure what pitch to run? Or any other suggestions? Thanks

I'd test a 25P Tempest Plus. You should be able to run higher on the JP.
    Last edited by 21XDC; 06-27-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    25 bravo will put u where u need to be on rpm

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    25 bravo will put u where u need to be on rpm
    just curious how a 4 blade will help my rpm? I thought 4 blade hurt top end rpms?

I would have the motor checked first to be sure it is getting full throttle, requires a scanner to do this
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I would have the motor checked first to be sure it is getting full throttle, requires a scanner to do this
    how is this done? With what scanner?

7. Member
    Dealer can put it on the computer to determine if throttle opening is 100%. When I bought my boat new in 2019 dealer stated that some engines were coming from the factory with 90% throttle opening. Has to be checked and programmed from a computer. They found mine during the function test and set it to 100%.....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBucketMouth33 View Post
    Dealer can put it on the computer to determine if throttle opening is 100%. When I bought my boat new in 2019 dealer stated that some engines were coming from the factory with 90% throttle opening. Has to be checked and programmed from a computer. They found mine during the function test and set it to 100%.....
    if it has to be set who covers the cost? Seems like the manufacturer should...

9. Member
    Personally, i believe if you bought the motor from a dealer they could check it and set it as needed with no cost. Can't give a definite answer, but my dealer took care of mine at no cost...Hope you are able to get it resolved without having to pay. From my understanding I believe Mercury was doing this with the motor for break in purposes, but I cant verify that 100 %. Doesn't make a ton of sense when the manual states to run at WOT for during break in periods lol.... Good Luck

10. Member
    My dealer checked mine at no cost while doing other warranty work. Confirmed it is at 100 % throttle opening now.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support