Anybody ready for some drifting?

One thing I did think would happen this year and pretty much held true was that we were due for the se KS lake not getting high this year. But I didn't expect this dry weather though. Neverless, anybody due any drifting for cats? Toronto and John Redmond are 2 of the best lakes for drifting. Shad outa be popcorn size (1/2 mesh) throw net. Should have the next couple of months with some good days. Fish should pretty much be off the spawn and the lakes are pretty much normal.

Have seen the time when I go thru areas of shad and there were bigger fish chasing them (we were drifting for cats and didn't stop). Gonna try it this year...gotta be either white bass or crappies.

Anyways, happy fishing to everyone...

We need a couple inches of rain....crops and such are hurting....we had 80 then they dropped it to 60...now its a 50% chance of rain. Lawrence got an inch a couple of nights ago....gotta start and stop somewhere....just missed us.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I’ve never drifted for catfish. I’d like to give a try sometime though.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I’ve never drifted for catfish. I’d like to give a try sometime though.
    Each time you try you end up getting better at it....bascially your going to the fish instead of waiting for the fish to come to you. Over time you learn where they lay (hot spots) and it can be very quick action. Having a throw net is a MUST...shad are natural bait for fish and the strike is hard and fast. It only took me 1 time to lose a pole, now I utilize my equipment so I won't lose another rod and reel.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

4. Member
    When I used to live there we did some of that with bluegills and also shad. On Milford we had some fun days fighting the wipers. They will knock the rod out of your hands.
    GETFISHED !!!