Question Corestrike SOB crankbaits

I just purchased some great looking crankbaits called Corestrike SOB 3.5. Dose anyone have any experience or advise how to fish them effective for the best results? Any advise would be most appreciated.

I bought a couple of these a while back and have never thrown them. I figured they'd be a dynamite bed fishing bait and could offer something totally different on deep offshore structure. Interested to hear what others have to say!

I will say that at the time I bought them, the fellow who invented them had just passed away and one of his longtime friends was trying to keep things moving along. About a week after I ordered them, the fellow emailed me to let me know what happened and to apologize for the delay. It was pretty clear he wasn't a fisherman, or wasn't a serious one if he did fish. I received the 2 crankbaits I ordered a couple days later, packaged in a large flat rate box that cost almost $20 to ship, nearly as much as I'd paid for the baits. It was really strange, and that was the reason I was hesitant to throw them as I was sure they wouldn't exist for much longer and was afraid to find out I really liked them. That was at least a couple years ago, so it sounds like my worries were unfounded. Hopefully somebody has some experience with them!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I also bought a couple of them a year or two ago and have never thrown them. I played with one in my pool and it looks like a great bait, but to be honest, I don't know if I have the patience to wait for it to sink (it's pretty slow). Although they can be worked from top to bottom, my thinking was that I could throw them in that 20-25' range that's hard to reach with most crankbaits. I don't deep crank enough to have a dedicated rod for it, or to buy a bunch of 8 and 10XD's, so I thought these could maybe fill that gap.

I'm glad I saw this thread, I might have to dig them up and try one out!

I bought a couple a few years ago and they fish good. I really like the idea of a sinking crankbait. I was drawn to them after buying a box of new strike king 6XD's from the local flea market several year's back and everyone of them would sink like a rock. I could fish them as deep as I wanted. There was no visible signs of damage or water intrusion. It was almost like they were purposely built to sink (maybe a prototype). After losing all I had research lead me to Corestrike baits.
    USMC Vet!

5. Member
    TTT

Since I'd never heard of them, I looked for the website. Found it easily, https://corestrikebait.com/ , but noticed there's no info on how heavy the various sizes are. It matters. Somebody might want to tell them?
    Last edited by Walkabout7781; 08-23-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.