Youghiogheny Dam 6/26/2020

It has been just under 8 weeks and yes I made it to the Yough. If you never fished a week day you should. I wasn't in a hurry today, after all being off work means you can take your time. I got to the lake at around 9:30. Parking lot had about 7 other boats on the lake. I saw that Steiny was there today. We actualy met on the lake later in the day and had a nice talk. The blue Nitro still looks great.

Well right from the start my right hand gave me problems. Carpal tunnel surgery sucks. No way I could use a bait caster. I had to develop a new style of casting. I could not cast with my right hand. I could do a lot with my right hand, it hurt too much.

With that said the water was a little low. The water was just above the little turn out on the ramp at the breast. Boat traffice was light. There were a ot of fisherman.

I caught just three small bas today. Lol, you know I really couldn't fish. I caught them on a crawdad soft bait flipping on logs that were sticking up. I struggled to reel them in, again my right hand was killing me.

Maybe in another week I can actually do some fishing. I just struggled with my hand today.

2. Member
    Good to hear you are back at it, although limited it is nice to be out. I hit the Mon today to change things up and did ok, good numbers but lots of small fish. Caught most on a jig and some on a tube. Beautiful day, welcome back.

3. Member
    I would like to go to 10 mile to try my luck with Muskie. But that's going to have to wait for the hand/wrist to heal more. Where do you put in at the Mon?

4. Member
    I did Point Marion today but I put in all over the river. Monessen is a frequent stop as well and has a nice launch facility. I also put in at Labelle, Elizabeth, and Speers fairly regularly. I always liked the river even though fishing can be tough and quality is lacking much of the time. Biggest musky I caught was on the Mon in 2014 at the mouth of Pumpkin Run near California and measured 48". It was an interesting battle on 8 lb. test and a medium action rod.

5. Member
    Thanks FX for the kind words i enjoy the chat as well. It is nice to see you back on the water.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    I would like to go to 10 mile to try my luck with Muskie. But that's going to have to wait for the hand/wrist to heal more. Where do you put in at the Mon?
    There are 2 main launches on the 10 mile pool...Ten Mile County Park & the Labelle launch