Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    What will his reincarnated screen name be?
    Better question is what was his prior screen name...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Member
    I don't blame Al and don't understand Team Marine's stance. They got alot of great advertising from this site so they should pay up as a sponsor. I know someone linked their you tube videos here but still they gained fans/supporters from this site. Their video yesterday calling out BBC was a cheap shot IMO that didn't help them. Too bad......
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Banned
    Business is business. They didn't help themselves for sure. They're Videos pretty much are unwatchable anyway IMO. But the bottom line is that it's a business for them. Pay or leave. Don't start a thread before you get banned knowing you will. No class in my opinion.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 07-04-2020 at 06:11 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me. Are you Al's brother's sister? Al is power tripping, left wing nut job. So Al got mad and banned them because they didn't pay for advertisement on a product that you dip shits brought to the forum. Sounds like Al fits right with the zealots of the Trudeau cabinet. Al has been and will always be a piece of crap. Now all you Al loyalist and ass kissers, put your mask on like daddy says and wash your hands.

...and you just made my point for me.

So, does everyone who posts their own YouTube vides here get banned? I know a few that use this as a platform for promoting their product but they haven't gotten the boot.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    So, does everyone who posts their own YouTube vides here get banned? I know a few that use this as a platform for promoting their product but they haven't gotten the boot.
    I'm not aware of any YouTube videos that promote a product. And they were not banned because of their videos promoting products.
    Their videos had been on here since last year and there wasn't a problem. When they started to promote product I had asked them if they wanted to be a sponsor (to be fair
    to our paying sponsors). We went back and forth for some time and then they decided they weren't going to have a Top banner so I removed their video thread.

At that point they made the post that's at the beginning of this thread and that's when they were banned. Prior to this post they were NOT banned, I simply took down their YouTube video thread and they were still members at that point.

Al, it's your site and i love it. To me a product is anything that produces money. Youtubers themselves are the product. 10000 clicks that the viewer watches for only 10 seconds will monetize a channel. It is especially annoying to me that lots of these guys use clickbait for a crazy catch or something and then have a 2 minute intro to a 30 minute video that barely covers the clickbait topic. It's cool if this is Joe and his son posting twice a year. When Joe does a weekly video he edits for 3 hours a week to pimp himself, that's the finished product.

I don't think you are a nut job or a zealot, but i tend to mind my own business.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    Al, it's your site and i love it. To me a product is anything that produces money. Youtubers themselves are the product. 10000 clicks that the viewer watches for only 10 seconds will monetize a channel. It is especially annoying to me that lots of these guys use clickbait for a crazy catch or something and then have a 2 minute intro to a 30 minute video that barely covers the clickbait topic. It's cool if this is Joe and his son posting twice a year. When Joe does a weekly video he edits for 3 hours a week to pimp himself, that's the finished product.

I don't think you are a nut job or a zealot, but i tend to mind my own business.
    That is mostly a false statement. It take a whole lot to get a channel to become monetized. I’ve had a channel for 7 years and am still nowhere close to getting paid a penny for anything. But I still post some videos here and work hard on the editing because I think that some folks here might enjoy them.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I’m sure he was well aware of the outcome he just chose the nuclear option!
    That's called suicide by Al... Dan

This is the Tiger King all over again... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    That is mostly a false statement. It take a whole lot to get a channel to become monetized. I’ve had a channel for 7 years and am still nowhere close to getting paid a penny for anything. But I still post some videos here and work hard on the editing because I think that some folks here might enjoy them.
    I do enjoy them...it’s a simple matter of not clicking on them if you don’t want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I do enjoy them...it’s a simple matter of not clicking on them if you don’t want to watch.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Exactly!

Actually going fishing is a lot more enjoyable than watching a video of someone else fishing. Especially if they pitch products more than wet a hook. Went pond fishing this morning. Put 17 in the ice chest, and didn’t see a single camera, or hear a single commercial in the 4 hours we were there.
    If you’re not happy with how BBC, by all means, move on.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Actually going fishing is a lot more enjoyable than watching a video of someone else fishing. Especially if they pitch products more than wet a hook.

As a person that makes videos, I approve this message.

16. Member
    I watched there banned video. They act clueless about how the board works. Said he was banned because he wasn’t willing to pay. Obviously not the case. I’m sure Al would of been more than happy to let them show restoration or how to videos. I see he has a lot of videos showcasing products.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    Have you got 10000 clicks on a single video?
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

18. Member
    I have several with more than 10k, the most of a single video is over 180k at this time. My channel is not monetized either. The statement that it takes a lot to get monetized is correct.

I have not

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Exactly! TeamMarine kept talking about being a sponsor but after a number of PM's decided not to. And......you were not banned.....but you are now!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast