Seacast on Cobra Viper?

Has anyone done secast/arjay on a cobra transom? boat is a 201D and just have some questions.

On the attached image(not our boat) i plan to cut an opening that is circled in the white. i believe there is wood that goes to the sides where the tie downs are circled in red. my questions is were you able to get that wood out and how? and how far does that wood go to the wide? im assuming it only goes to where the edge is? im just worried about that area. and also the knees? is there any wood in there? Thanks for your help

IMG_8286.JPG

2. Member
    I have read about people using an electric chainsaw and a vacuum to remove the rotted wood on the transom. You would have to make sure the fiberglass is clean of all wood.

Hope that helps. Good luck and be safe if you go that route.

3. Member
    Go with seacast and call them before you do anything, I'm doing a Champ right now. Could have saved myself a ton of time if I would have called them first, they have the best customer service I've seen from anyone in years.

4. Member
    Under the aluminum angle strip (in the white) is where the cap and hull are resin filled. The motor bolts are thru the filled resin. Under the angle is where you will have to cut. Problem is you wont be able to get all the way to the bottom of the transom.

5. Member
    I have used seacast and i agree 100% if you call them they have alot of tips. Sabine or Bruce are great people and so very helpful!
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!