Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Here's a Lake Seminole fishing report for you guys...

Went yesterday and caught fish every which way. Lake is fishing really well right now. The water is absolutely gorgeous. Spring Creek is crystal clear and not choked out yet. Water temp is low 80's. Caught a half dozen there drop-shotting timber and working a worm thru the grass. The west end ledges at the mouth of the Hooch are on fire. Caught several nice ones first thing in the morning on the pads then they moved out (only about 20 yards lol) to the ledge later in the day where I got them with a Plum Zoom ol' monster worm and a swimbait. Talked to a buddy of mine who was out there also and said he's been catching them good offshore for the past few days. Was a beautiful day until the dust plume from Africa showed up then it was hazy the rest of the afternoon. But the water and grass couldn't be better at the moment so I highly encourage you to get out there.

One of my Spring Creek girls.
    Spring Creek fish.jpg

We fished around the manmade island yesterday. My buddy caught one that was about 3 1/2 pounds but was fat like a spawning fish. Her lower tail fin was bloody and just about worn away. Would bass still be spawning this late this far south?
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

3. Member
    I doubt it was spawning. There's a lot of shell beds around that island and the fish will get like that when they're out there feeding on shad. Fat bellies and tore up fins. That would be my guess

4. Member

5. Member
    Went there on Friday, the lake is very clear compared to what it normally is. Caught about 15 fish on the main lake in the shallow grass all between 2-4 pounds and a bonus 6 pounder. Very good day of fishing. It was also very hot heat index over 100. Still had a great time. Seems there bitting right now hope it stays that way for next weekend.

6. Member
    Glad you guys got this lake figured out! I can't get a bite unless I'm punching hyacinth in the hooch. Got my ass kicked out there this last weekend.

7. Member
    Went again yesterday. I don't think the clear water is going to last much longer. I live 25 minutes from the lake and ive had over a foot of rain the past week. The Flint is already starting to rise and get dirty around Bainbridge so that will be making its way to the lake soon. Still caught them good in spring creek. It's definitely fishing like the old days. I figured this might happen when the lake was flooded all during the spawn. Next couple years should be awesome!

Any gators in that lake?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Any gators in that lake?
    Yup, some absolute monster ones
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 07-09-2020 at 01:02 PM.

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Went again yesterday. I don't think the clear water is going to last much longer. I live 25 minutes from the lake and ive had over a foot of rain the past week. The Flint is already starting to rise and get dirty around Bainbridge so that will be making its way to the lake soon. Still caught them good in spring creek. It's definitely fishing like the old days. I figured this might happen when the lake was flooded all during the spawn. Next couple years should be awesome!
    I've never been on Seminole, where are you launching from?? License? Need a GA license or can you fish it with a FL license? Bainbridge is a pretty good ride from Crawfordville. I'd like to give it a shot next time my bud comes down from N. GA. We keep going to Talquin.

11. Member
    Need both a GA and FL license. Best place to launch is from Sneeds.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I've never been on Seminole, where are you launching from?? License? Need a GA license or can you fish it with a FL license? Bainbridge is a pretty good ride from Crawfordville. I'd like to give it a shot next time my bud comes down from N. GA. We keep going to Talquin.
    yup, you need both licenses but you can buy a 1-day non-resident Georgia for $10. If I was coming from Crawfordville I would probably put in at either Sneads State Park or Booster Club Landing on the south side of the lake east of the dam.
    Me personally I usually put in either at Bainbridge or Faceville Landing depending on where on the lake I want to fish that day.

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Thanks for the info,,looking at the map, Bainbridge may be a bit closer. May just put in at the boat basin unless the water if better down at Sneeds.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Thanks for the info,,looking at the map, Bainbridge may be a bit closer. May just put in at the boat basin unless the water if better down at Sneeds.
    Take a look at Faceville Landing. Its free and puts in on the Flint just before the river reaches the lake. It should be closer to you than Bainbridge. The only issue with Bainbridge is the run south after you drove north coming from Crawfordville. If you intend to fish the lake or if the Flint is high I would recommend Faceville. I personally like it because it gives me the flexibility to fish the lake or river without a long run either way. PM me before you head up there and I'll throw a couple spots and patterns your way that should put you on some fish to get you started
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 07-10-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Yup, some absolute monster ones
    Killed a 10 footer 5 years ago down there. Could possibly draw a tag again this year. If not, then probably next year.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

16. Member
    Fishing report for Sunday.
    well it was real tough out there today. Fished the same areas in spring creek and the hooch that I did well in last week and hardly anything bit. Caught 2 largemouth and a striper. Saw a friend and asked him how he was doing said he had not had a bite. Very frustrating when they were jumping in the boat the week before. Guess the water got too high again with all that rain last week.

17. Member
    Well, things just didn’t go my way again today. Had 2 bites all day fish several different areas and no luck. Guess it’s just that time of year. So many places for them to hide with all this topped out hydrilla. Guess I’ll give it another try next week.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Well, things just didn’t go my way again today. Had 2 bites all day fish several different areas and no luck. Guess it’s just that time of year. So many places for them to hide with all this topped out hydrilla. Guess I’ll give it another try next week.
    @KRC18D

I went today also, the morning bite in spring creek rocked which is when and where I did all the damage on topwater, including this early 5 pounder. But by 830, game over. They shut down hard. I caught a couple more dinks drop shotting in deep timber. They've had the dam wide open because the water was pulling today and about a foot low. I called it quits just after noon when the water started boiling. I'd say to anyone going if you can't get out there before sunrise don't bother. Night fishing would be pretty cool right now I'd imagine. It's just July in Florida.

20200719_132119.jpg

I was there twice last week, mostly in the Chattahoochee. There was absolutely no noticeable current in the river. I had six or seven bass by 7:15 then four hours without a bite. Tournament this Saturday.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

20. Member
    P-Frog, I’d love to meet up on the lake sometime. I fish Seminole very often but sometimes the summer kicks my butt. I can almost always catch fish punching but would like to learn a few other patterns for the hot weather. I know the water extremely well and I’m thinking about just going and graphing ledges till I find a school this weekend lol hahaha. Look forward to it man.
    Brian.

Brian Beighey

Ranger Z520L 250 Mercury Pro XS Fourstroke 23P Fury
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Live Council, HDS9 Live/ Garmin 106SV Livescope Bow
    Twin Power Poles

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast