Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezenbowhunter View Post
    PM'd you P Frog.
    Gotcha, replied

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Was finally able to hit the lake today for a few hours this afternoon. Found a few keeper fish in the 4 ft Ditch canal. Water temp was upper 70's and fairly clear. Caught one on a frog in pads and the other two came on a junebug trick worm on a shakey head pitched to vertical timber in about 6 ft.

Attachment 428037
    Attachment 428038
    Did you go very far back in Four Foot Ditch? I fished the mouth of it yesterday but didn't go back into the ditch.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    Did you go very far back in Four Foot Ditch? I fished the mouth of it yesterday but didn't go back into the ditch.
    yes, I fished the canal portion then the standing timber in the first open "pond". I had to push pole part of the way, its pretty choked out up front but does open up after that

4. Member
    Alright. What's the trick? We've fished from Bainbridge to Spring Creek and have nothing. Any ideas? I know the front came thru and temp dropped but we can't even find a short fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Reezenbowhunter View Post
    Alright. What's the trick? We've fished from Bainbridge to Spring Creek and have nothing. Any ideas? I know the front came thru and temp dropped but we can't even find a short fish.
    I was there Saturday thru Tuesday and it was TOUGH.....

We got our best fish on the rip rap at the dam, and along the edges of hydrilla sitting in 26' in the middle of the channels between spring creek and the creek to Seminole State Park.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. Member
    Yea, it’s been really tough. I fished in a tournament Saturday that had about 50 boats and over half the field did not weigh a fish. It took 13.6 pounds to win. I ended up coming in 5th with just over 9lbs. Everyone I talked to said they got bites but lost almost all the fish right after the hook set. I experienced the same thing and would have to let them swim with it for 10 seconds before setting the hook. There were Lots of good fishermen in that tournament so I think it’s a combination of weather and fishing pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Yea, it’s been really tough. I fished in a tournament Saturday that had about 50 boats and over half the field did not weigh a fish. It took 13.6 pounds to win. I ended up coming in 5th with just over 9lbs. Everyone I talked to said they got bites but lost almost all the fish right after the hook set. I experienced the same thing and would have to let them swim with it for 10 seconds before setting the hook. There were Lots of good fishermen in that tournament so I think it’s a combination of weather and fishing pressure.
    I don't feel quite so bad after reading that.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

8. Member
    Went yesterday afternoon and tried up the Hooch. Caught 6 but all were 1-2 pounds. River is pretty and flowing just couldn't find anything with any size. Swam a jig on wood cover to get the bites.

All were like this:Screenshot_20201104-150907_Gallery.jpg

9. Member
    Bump

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234