Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I really need to figure this lake out. I can’t catch fish around a grass mat to save my life.

launched from Sneads park and ran across to the bank between chatahoochie park and east bank campground. Fish activity everywhere couldn’t get a too water blowup to save my life. Abandoned that plan and ran into the flint again fished a grass line throwing walking baits, buzz baits, spinner baits and a frog, nothing. Went further up the flint same plan nothing.

Finally gave up on grass fish, went up the hooch and found a bank loaded with 1.5-2.5lbrs that wanted to eat a frog and did that the rest of the day.

don’t know why this lake kicks my ass as much as it does but I guess I’ll keep going back until I figure it out, or hire a guide ��

2. Member
    Lake has been tough.. especially after the crazy leftover Weather from Delta.. quite a few have been caught up in the Fairchilds area.. Find the bait and the fish should be around.. getting them to bite seems to be the mystery right now

3. Member
    I concur if your catching some your doing better than most. After they dropped the water due to Delta fishing has been tough everywhere.

4. Member
    Got out to the lake for a couple hours yesterday and it looks like fall is in full swing. Fish are constantly moving water temps in the low 70s and difficult fishing for the most part. It looks like the lake is back to full pool after being drawn down what looked to be about 2 ft at the dock. Due to the strong NE wind that always seem to be blowing whenever I get a chance to go fishing this time of year I had a hard time finding a spot where I could actually fish. Finally found a protected area up in the hooch and caught 3 fish flipping vegetation. Not the best day but at least I got to go.

5. Member
    That’s not the report I wanted. Going out tomorrow was hoping for a good day.

6. Moderator
    I'll be on the lake for 4 days this week! First time.

7. Member
    Hooch didn't give up many today, caught two 3lbrs around noon on topwater. Missed a nice one on a spinnerbait.

No need to get out on the water before 1130 it seems lately, afternoon bite window is small. Or I'm doing something very wrong.

8. Member
    Does anyone know anything about the shortcut into Spring Creek if you're coming from the Bainbridge Park ramp up the Flint? Had someone tell me there's a cut you can take and don't have to go all the way around to bottom of creek mouth on main lake to get up in the creek.

9. Member
    Were heading up mid week next week for my son's tournament. We've never fished up there so we're heading in Ray Charles style. P Frog I'll message you in a few days but any other recent info would be great. Not looking for spots just an idea so we don't look like fools up there. Were planning to stay in the Flint or in Spring Creek. Thanks for any help guys

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezenbowhunter View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the shortcut into Spring Creek if you're coming from the Bainbridge Park ramp up the Flint?
    When I was there a decade + ago, there was a cut across from Wingates that took ya to Spring Creek. (google maps, you can see it) I think it was probably on my Navionics chip as well, else we'd probably not have tried it. It was either on the gps chip or the cuts/turns were well marked, I can't remember.

11. Member
    Does anyone know anything about the shortcut into Spring Creek if you're coming from the Bainbridge Park ramp up the Flint? Had someone tell me there's a cut you can take and don't have to go all the way around to bottom of creek mouth on main lake to get up in the creek.
    If you know where the marked channel is that goes to the old Wingate's Lunker Lodge the cut you're looking for is directly across the channel from that marked channel. It's small so it's easy to miss. Maybe the easiest way to find it would be to trailer down to Wingate's. Heading south from the road from Bainbridge theer is a sign at the intersection of the road to the Lunker Lodge. Leaving the lodge the marked channel runs across the lake to the channel and you can see the opening to the cut. It's safe to run the cut but there are a couple of idle zones to go through.

Be aware that lots of folks still refer to it as Wingates rather than Lunker Lodge. I do.
    Don\'t be in such a hurry, after retirement there\'s only one big event left in your life.

12. Member
    Thanks. I did see something on my Navionics that showed a marked channel. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to run and wasn't something that had underwater surprises to look for. Heard the creek has plenty of logs and blown down trees in it and to be cautious in some areas. Just trying to make sure we leave with everything we came with including all the ears on my wheel.

13. Member
    Thanks. I did see something on my Navionics that showed a marked channel. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to run and wasn't something that had underwater surprises to look for. Heard the creek has plenty of logs and blown down trees in it and to be cautious in some areas. Just trying to make sure we leave with everything we came with including all the ears on my wheel.
    Yes, it is safe to run and marked but be careful as it is tight with several blind curves. Also, if it's saturday just be really cautious as there could be tournaments launching out of places like Big Jim's so you sometimes have a situation where there are boats running it from Spring Creek to the Flint that you could meet head on if you're not careful. There's been several collisions because of that exact thing happening.

Just to be sure we're talking the same thing here's a screen shot, the red pin is the Flint River entrance to it.

Screenshot_20201021-232503_Maps.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 10-21-2020 at 10:27 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    I really need to figure this lake out. I can’t catch fish around a grass mat to save my life.

launched from Sneads park and ran across to the bank between chatahoochie park and east bank campground. Fish activity everywhere couldn’t get a too water blowup to save my life. Abandoned that plan and ran into the flint again fished a grass line throwing walking baits, buzz baits, spinner baits and a frog, nothing. Went further up the flint same plan nothing.

Finally gave up on grass fish, went up the hooch and found a bank loaded with 1.5-2.5lbrs that wanted to eat a frog and did that the rest of the day.

don’t know why this lake kicks my ass as much as it does but I guess I’ll keep going back until I figure it out, or hire a guide ��
    dont be too hard on yourself. October is without question the toughest month to fish Seminole. Some really good sticks regularly scratch this time of year. Feast or famine. Usually starts to pick up around Halloween as long as we've had the first couple cold fronts that drop the water temps in the 70's and the grass starts to die back a little bit. Makes them a little more predictable.
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 10-21-2020 at 11:18 PM.

15. Member
    Hey guys, me and a buddy are thinking of going down and try'em on Monday and Tuesday. I've only fished Seminole twice before and did not do well. Any ideas on where and what to try?
    We're just a couple of rookies and would appreciate any advice. Thanks , Kirk

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    Hey guys, me and a buddy are thinking of going down and try'em on Monday and Tuesday. I've only fished Seminole twice before and did not do well. Any ideas on where and what to try?
    We're just a couple of rookies and would appreciate any advice. Thanks , Kirk
    I would stick to the rivers right now. It's been hot here this week and that should continue. We've yet to have our first real cold snap of the year so these fish are still late summer. Run up either river and try to find some moving water on deep cut banks, channel bends or choke points etc... rotate moving baits till you find what they like.

Yes you can fish main lake but it's needle in a haystack right now till this grass dies back

17. Member
    Thanks, We have not decided to go yet. Or just wait till it cools off a bit. How's the water in the rivers right now. Is it muddy,stained ,or clean?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    Thanks, We have not decided to go yet. Or just wait till it cools off a bit. How's the water in the rivers right now. Is it muddy,stained ,or clean?
    Don't know about the Hooch but driving home over the Flint yesterday it looked great. Normal level and clear

19. Member
    Was finally able to hit the lake today for a few hours this afternoon. Found a few keeper fish in the 4 ft Ditch canal. Water temp was upper 70's and fairly clear. Caught one on a frog in pads and the other two came on a junebug trick worm on a shakey head pitched to vertical timber in about 6 ft.

Screenshot_20201025-184515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201025-184504_Gallery.jpg

20. Member
    PM'd you P Frog.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast