Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weaponofbassdestruction View Post
    P-Frog, I’d love to meet up on the lake sometime. I fish Seminole very often but sometimes the summer kicks my butt. I can almost always catch fish punching but would like to learn a few other patterns for the hot weather. I know the water extremely well and I’m thinking about just going and graphing ledges till I find a school this weekend lol hahaha. Look forward to it man.
    Brian.
    That sounds like a plan. I'll probably go first thing Sunday morning and catch that morning bite again. I'll put in at Booster Club and just head right across the lake. Let me know if you will be out there and I'll pm you my cell#. There's some offshore humps that are usually pretty good when the heat is up that I haven't fished yet this year. We'll check em out

2. Member
    I should be good for Sunday. Pm me your number and I’ll text you so you have mine

Brian Beighey

Ranger Z520L 250 Mercury Pro XS Fourstroke 23P Fury
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Live Council, HDS9 Live/ Garmin 106SV Livescope Bow
    Twin Power Poles

3. Member
    I should be good for Sunday. Pm me your number and I’ll text you so you have mine

Brian Beighey

Ranger Z520L 250 Mercury Pro XS Fourstroke 23P Fury
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Live Council, HDS9 Live/ Garmin 106SV Livescope Bow
    Twin Power Poles

4. Member
    Just got home, had a good day. The fish have moved offshore and are starting to stack up deep in their typical late summer pattern. The hot morning bite from last week seems to have faded. I was out before sunrise and didn't catch a thing until later in the day when I started hitting the Hooch ledges. Caught them on a Carolina rig. This will probably be the pattern for the next month or two if you're planning on heading out there

From today- finding this....Screenshot_20200726-104048_Gallery.jpg

Equals this-
    Screenshot_20200726-104058_Gallery.jpg

We put in at Sneads yesterday for a club tournament and ran up the Flint into Spring Creek where we met boats coming out of Big Jim's for a tournament. My little 17 foot Ranger was rocking and rolling in those wakes.

We could see the fish we came to target on the depth finder along with plenty of bait and figured we would just stay with them until they fired up. They didn't. We gambled and lost on those fish. We were surprised that the winner had great topwater action first thing.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

6. Member
    Yep, went about the same for me in our tournament. Caught some good keepers first thing on topwater and partner was throwing a rattletrap. Seemed to catch them just as good for about 2hours then nothing. Fished the ledges no luck and finished the day with a few frog fish in the pads ended up with 15lbs. Not a bad day.

7. Member
    Went this morning, lake kicked my butt. Couldn't find a morning bite for second week in a row, then I found a school on a ledge, first cast, 5 pounder. Im thinking "all right here we go" ... then nothing for 3 hours. Tried everything from small jigging spoon to ned rig, couldn't get any other to bite. Water wasn't moving and there was barely a breeze, maybe full moon tripped them up, who knows. That's bass fishing. For those heading out, water is pretty and mid 80's water temp everywhere I went.
    20200802_084612.jpg

8. Member
    Well got out to the lake today and didn’t do much. The water was high and muddy fished for 8 hours and managed 3 fish. Got lucky and put a 7.2 pounder on the deck so not such a bad day. Just need to figure out how to get a few more in the boat. Definitely looks like fall is in full swing water temps in low 80s upper 70s depending on where you go. Hopefully the turbidity will clear out in a week or so and improve the fishing.

9. Member
    Figured it would be tough fishing right now. It's usually tough anyway this time of year but when I drove over the Flint Thursday and saw it was in the trees and chocolate milk I pretty much lost all interest in fishing the lake this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Figured it would be tough fishing right now. It's usually tough anyway this time of year but when I drove over the Flint Thursday and saw it was in the trees and chocolate milk I pretty much lost all interest in fishing the lake this weekend
    I have never seen Spring Creek as muddy as it was on Saturday.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I have never seen Spring Creek as muddy as it was on Saturday.
    And more rain today. Good news is we're finally getting cold fronts so that north wind should drain it out pretty quick and the water will start to clear up. In a few weeks the fishing should be excellent

12. Member
    With less than stellar conditions today (15mph north wind) I tried my best to be optimistic and I am glad I was. I boated over 20 fish today using a variety of techniques. It seems they were just biting. I would have thought for sure I would get just a couple bites with the conditions. I guess you can’t always judge a day by the weather conditions. Most of the damage was done out on the main lake grass near the dam. Visibility is still only about a 1-2 ft but it’s starting to clear out. Water temp was 74 when I put in. I think if that water clears a little more these fish are going to bite even better.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    With less than stellar conditions today (15mph north wind) I tried my best to be optimistic and I am glad I was. I boated over 20 fish today using a variety of techniques. It seems they were just biting. I would have thought for sure I would get just a couple bites with the conditions. I guess you can’t always judge a day by the weather conditions. Most of the damage was done out on the main lake grass near the dam. Visibility is still only about a 1-2 ft but it’s starting to clear out. Water temp was 74 when I put in. I think if that water clears a little more these fish are going to bite even better.
    Reaction baits?

14. Member
    They were biting everything I threw. Spinner bait, jerk bait, worm, rattle trap, didn’t seem to matter. They would hit it moving or sitting on the bottom. I think they were just really biting good. Of course when I went again on Sunday they wouldn’t touch anything moving. That water temp dropped from 80s to 69 in just a few days. It may get tough if the trend continues and it doesn’t warm back up.

15. Member
    My son has a tournament there in a few weeks and we've never fished up there on Seminole or the Flint before. Putting in at Bainbridge park. Any tips or pointers for him to check out?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezenbowhunter View Post
    My son has a tournament there in a few weeks and we've never fished up there on Seminole or the Flint before. Putting in at Bainbridge park. Any tips or pointers for him to check out?
    In a few weeks the grass flipping bite should still be good coupled with a good morning bite. Anything shad imitating. A white buzz bait, bone walking bait or swim jig on the hydrilla edges where the Flint meets spring creek it's almost always good around end of October. PM me as the tournament is closer and I should have some more up to date info for you

17. Member
    Thanks alot. Definitely will do

18. Member
    Couldn’t believe it, but it looks like they dropped the lake 2ft since I fished last week. I almost needed a ladder to get in my boat from the dock. I think it confused the fish too. It was Very difficult to get a bite today. Managed a couple but had to try several areas. Anyone else have any luck?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Couldn’t believe it, but it looks like they dropped the lake 2ft since I fished last week. I almost needed a ladder to get in my boat from the dock. I think it confused the fish too. It was Very difficult to get a bite today. Managed a couple but had to try several areas. Anyone else have any luck?
    Yeah I was told they were going to release water because they were trying to get ahead in case that hurricane dumped a ton of rain but it ended up pushing more west to Louisiana.

Im going to do everything I can to get out there one day this week. I'll post a report.

20. Member
    I'm gonna make the trip out there tomorrow, haven't fished Seminole since July, should be interesting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast