Thread: top eight

top eight

I am going to fish the top eight in late july. It will be at rocky point.Can any body tell me what tackle to bring. I need all the help I can get. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpcudaman74 View Post
    I am going to fish the top eight in late july. It will be at rocky point.Can any body tell me what tackle to bring. I need all the help I can get. Thanks
    Spinnerbait in 1/4 to 3/8 oz, leave everything else at home and just cover water. You're welcome.

3. Member
    Why are they going to rocky point, east side is so much better fishing. West side of Indiana is a mud pit. Yep Skeeter has it with the spinnerbaits with small blades. (gold & orange) , I still wouldn't overlook buzzbaits. 4" worms or 1/8 or 1/4 jigs with small trailers.. Especially Floyd's if you can find some weeds. A pain to throw but the twin hi-ryder buzzbait was good in the river around weeds. Myself,, I dont think I would enter a creek. All depends of how clear the river is. Think finesse fishing down there. I always locked thru and made a run down around the islands. I haven't been on the west side sense 99. Just about most of the locals throw 15 or 17 flouro or braid.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 06-26-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Take a bow or 12 ga with steel shot. Place is a carp hole now.

5. Member
    Thanks for the information. This maybe my last hope not. 77 not getting any younger. Thanks

6. Member
    A lot of it depends on if your going as a boater or a co. Going to be hard for you to cover water from the back of the boat when the boater is flipping.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Why are they going to rocky point, east side is so much better fishing. West side of Indiana is a mud pit. Yep Skeeter has it with the spinnerbaits with small blades. (gold & orange) , I still wouldn't overlook buzzbaits. 4" worms or 1/8 or 1/4 jigs with small trailers.. Especially Floyd's if you can find some weeds. A pain to throw but the twin hi-ryder buzzbait was good in the river around weeds. Myself,, I dont think I would enter a creek. All depends of how clear the river is. Think finesse fishing down there. I always locked thru and made a run down around the islands. I haven't been on the west side sense 99. Just about most of the locals throw 15 or 17 flouro or braid.
    This tournament is actually the State Finals. It rotates from zone to zone each year and each zone gets to pick where they want to have it. This was zone 4's (South) year and they picked the river, as they normally do.

8. Member
    If it close to August fish the river, logs on edge, trees and laydowns, the river is good in August.

9. idbefishing
    Unconventional but I saw a guy caught more fish than me doing the normal rocky point stuff using a pink pre-rigged worm. The kind you would throw on Wawasee.