175 SHO Melting Hubs

So, I’ve got a 175 SHO on a Xpress X19, I’ve tried a Merc Trophy Plus 4 blade on that boat and it will fly with it, but one problem I’ve been having is that it will melt the hubs when I go on a long run wide open. If your just cruising it won’t do it. Me and one other person had this problem, I’ve went through 2 hubs and he’s been through like 4. I was told it’s because there’s no cooling for the prop on these small block SHOs like they are for the big block 200+ SHOs. Anyone else had a similar problem? I’ve tried googling and researching it but have come up empty handed.

2. Member
    I'm not sure if the small blocks are the same, but one thing to check is the dummy torque tab. On the other SHO's, what used to be called a "torque tab" is now just a blanc (no fin) that also serves as an anode. On the leading edge of it is a small scoop that picks up water and pushes it back thru a channel in the lower unit and down in front of the prop to cool exhaust air. That water supposedly solved a melting problem they had when the SHO's were new. If yours has one, maybe it's plugged up??? just an idea...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO