Banned

Question So what is the consensus on LiveSight?

Reading a lot of good things about Garmin LiveScope but not much chatter about LiveSight. Would like to add to my electronics arsenal without switching over to Garmin. Any BBC user reviews of LiveSight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Great if you've never used or seen Livescope and want Panoptix on your Lowrance.

Not so great if you were expecting a Livescope-beater

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Current LiveSight products are behind the curve compared to Garmin's LiveScope. 2021 MAY be a different story...but no info currently available/sharable....
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

It is definitely useful. Is the Lowrance Livesight a game changer, not completely. It is very useful finding brushpiles.
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

5. Member
    LiveSight was placed in between Garmins LiveScope (LVS32) and Panoptix for resolution/ range. It has the range of Panoptix, but with that you loose the details you have with LiveScope. For bank-beaters that means they usually are more happy with LiveScope (as they don`t use the extended range with LiveSight), and most bass-guys are bank-beaters. In Scandinavia we tend to fish deeper, and thus the added range with LiveSight comes in to play.

As usual with todays marine electronics, it is more about getting the product that does what YOU want then one product beeing better then the other across all boards.

6. Banned
    Thanks for the replies. I'm a FL bank beater. :)

7. Member
    I’m finding it useful. It’s great for finding isolated cover like brush piles on a flat or patches of weeds. It’s good for find baitfish if your fishing schooling fish that aren’t on the surface. But what’s not talked about enough is how it works as your 2d sonar in front of the boat. It’s not the mind blowing thing people get excited about but you can see how far a drop off is in front of the boat, see a underwater point, see a ditch, ect. It’s helped me a lot in really shallow water staying out of areas too skinny for the boat and avoiding brush instead of hitting a log with trolling motor I can avoid most. Not the kind of thing that helps you find a big school of fish but it’s useful everyday way more than watching your bait come in or seeing a single fish swimming that’s most likely a carp anyway.

8. Banned
    Mike, great info, thanks. A one foot deeper ditch in 5ft of water in FL can make a huge difference on where fish congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by RangermikeKY View Post
    I’m finding it useful. It’s great for finding isolated cover like brush piles on a flat or patches of weeds. It’s good for find baitfish if your fishing schooling fish that aren’t on the surface. But what’s not talked about enough is how it works as your 2d sonar in front of the boat. It’s not the mind blowing thing people get excited about but you can see how far a drop off is in front of the boat, see a underwater point, see a ditch, ect. It’s helped me a lot in really shallow water staying out of areas too skinny for the boat and avoiding brush instead of hitting a log with trolling motor I can avoid most. Not the kind of thing that helps you find a big school of fish but it’s useful everyday way more than watching your bait come in or seeing a single fish swimming that’s most likely a carp anyway.
    These are really good points! I also use mine to see when I'm coming up on shallow water like mike says. if you're burning through shallow dirty water on your tm you can avoid stumps out in front of you.

Another vote for livesight being super useful.

10. Member
    Yeah the more I use it, the more I like it. I feel like the last two software updates have made it much better than when it was first released.

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutdabass View Post
    Yeah the more I use it, the more I like it. I feel like the last two software updates have made it much better than when it was first released.
    My guess is your learning how to read it better. Its for sure put me on fish I wouldn't have been on. They are not perfect but definitely a useful tool.
    I was out yesterday and livesight definitely put me on fish. It is so nice to be able to see the bait schools and follow them. I will not say it's the best but it will help you stay on fish and has been very useful to me.
    Last edited by bloodman; 07-04-2020 at 07:42 AM.

12. Member
    That could be part of it. However, I found LiveSight to be kind of laggy/stuttery when it was first released, and that isn't the case anymore following the software updates. Smoother operation. I also feel like the sensitivity must have been optimized.

13. Banned
    I use livescope and a guy I know livesight. He always said he made a mistake until the last update from garmin. Now he can see things in the area where us scope users have a dead spot. Mine is useless for dropshotting right now. For the time at least he can rag me.... lol

Rangermikeky has made some good points. Even LS is very handy for the things he mentioned above, and very useful.

14. Member
    Wonder if Shyrock is using it in the tournament this week?

Hes marking and fishing them but didnt say if it was with Livesight.