Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    #FRB

Those days you wanna go fishing but your body won't let you...

Been a rough week, bad weather kept my body clenched up where I had a hard time sleeping. Work was more of a bear because of aches and pains and sleep deprivation. Alarm went off at 4:45 this morning and decided sleep was more important than fishing. Thought about an afternoon trip today but still achy. Tomorrow will be a better day anyway because of instability in the weather and the possibility of a good crankbait pattern which is my favorite way to catch them. If I felt like it I'd go for the afternoon/evening bite even though the wind is blowing 14mph across 7 miles of water from dam to the upper end boundary longways with little to suppress it. I do know for a fact I'm not overheating nearly as bad at work thanks to buzzing most of my hair off. Stagnated air in the back room shows no mercy even with a big fan going. Maybe I'll start feeling better now.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Member
    Had those days too. You need to rest, more important right now than fishing.

3. Member
    Had a midweek tournament yesterday. Couldn't sleep the night before, and it was 90+ degrees. I over stressed my right trapezius muscle being a smart ass and opening the garage door with one hand, and it hurts today. I'm 77 and I just don't bounce back like I used to. One bright note I caught Lunker so the extra $120 paid for my gas. Have a beer.

4. Dogfish_Jones
    I have those days myself. I know once I get on the lake I begin to feel better. Just the hooking up and putting in.

I’ve had days like that. Lately sleep has been sucky for me and feeling a little rough other than that I guess I feel good. Maybe it’s just part of getting older. Can’t be a machine all my life I guess.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Banned
    I feel your pain. Had surgery 4 weeks ago and have metal poisoning. Went out two weeks after and didn't feel to bad. Then the stirred up metals hit my system. Just been laying on the couch for the last two weeks. Sux we have a short fishing window here.

7. Member
    I fished today from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. I just took two Tylenol and I have a heating pad on my back. 76 3/4 YO

8. Banned
    I can relate, many times I lay out my clothes, ready my beverages, sandwich etc. Then a migraine changes my plans.
    I can truly say"When we have the ability, we don't have the time. When we have the time, we don't have the ability. Ironic!!

Remember one thing, you better fish now while you can. Hooking up driving to a lake isn’t the highlight. But once you are on the water ——— That is the part to enjoy. The day WILL come when fishing isn’t possible. Do it now

10. Member
    It's called tramadol. Lol. You know your body is getting old when you need this to start the day.

11. Member
    Planned to go to the lake this morning. Woke up and decided to sleep in. Going tomorrow.....

Oh boy do I understand where you are coming from! Been going to physical therapy for the last 10 weeks and no plan to stop anytime soon.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

13. Member
    I had those days too i took care of that problem i retired

14. Member
    I’ve done this many times-have everything ready, not sleeping well because I’m so anxious to fish and then wake up with an unsettled stomach Drives me nuts to miss a trip but I don’t want to have the trots while on the water.

15. Member
    Jess,I thought it was me.sleep during day,but not at night,back pain aft .fishing killer .

16. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'm 73, many times I have wanted to shut the alarm off and go back to sleep when I've planned to go fishing. But, I get up anyway. As Bassman Ia. said, I figure I don't have many more trips left, so I try to make the best of what I have.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

17. Member
    I feel (really) your pain, the first 6 months of this year went like this....knee surgery, lower back surgery, immediately after I started feeling better in april……….shingles in the mouth and left side of my face, 3 weeks later bells palsy...…..docs had me on so many meds I couldn't do shit......managed to fish 2 bfl's back to back in pain I cant even explain from the nerve damage from the shingles......blacked out driving the boat last Friday.....from the gabapetein they had me on.....threw that shit away I'll live with the pain and I finally feel a little better, not being able to get my ass out of bed to go fishing hurts more than anything I can think of.....keep on keeping on

18. #FRB
    It sucks because I'm only 38 but my body has been beat to hell over the years. About to hit the 22 year anniversary of totaling out my first car and should have died in that one but somehow didn't. Have some lingering issues from that. The weather causes all kinds of old injuries to flare up. When the weather is stable I'm fine. Mainly the heat that's making it hard to bounce back.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

It is a tough time of year to fish for sure, you have to go either early or late because of the heat and rec traffic.

20. Member
    I hold up pretty good till the deep cranking starts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast