Any members close to Knoxville? Need help.

I live in knoxville, tn and am having a hell of a time trying to get my 209 up over 65mph. Is there a member on here that is in or close to Knoxville that would be willing to help a brother out? Or even just come drive the hell out of my boat and give advice? I can't seem to find anyone around here that is remotely familiar with the boats.

2. Member
    Hi JP, welcome to the site. I'm not to far away in Johnson City and my buddy has a Gambler in Elizabethton. I have a 2001 20' 1" Intimidator with a 225 EFI and his is a 1997 209 with a 225 EFI also. The best I have drove his is 72 mph by GPS but so far he can only handle it up to around 65 to 67 and he has to let off because of chine walk. He's owned it less than a year and with more seat time it'll come to him. One thing you have to consider is running at elevation. We can't get the speeds that the guys in Florida can get at lower elevations. 77 is the best I've ever got with my Intimidator and that was in January while it was cold. I mostly fish Boone and Watauga but I do try to drive down to Douglas and Cherokee a couple time each year. Maybe we can hook up sometime.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    Hi JP, welcome to the site. I'm not to far away in Johnson City and my buddy has a Gambler in Elizabethton. I have a 2001 20' 1" Intimidator with a 225 EFI and his is a 1997 209 with a 225 EFI also. The best I have drove his is 72 mph by GPS but so far he can only handle it up to around 65 to 67 and he has to let off because of chine walk. He's owned it less than a year and with more seat time it'll come to him. One thing you have to consider is running at elevation. We can't get the speeds that the guys in Florida can get at lower elevations. 77 is the best I've ever got with my Intimidator and that was in January while it was cold. I mostly fish Boone and Watauga but I do try to drive down to Douglas and Cherokee a couple time each year. Maybe we can hook up sometime.
    Kool. Yes, hit me up next time your coming to douglas or cherokee. We fish Douglas sorta often and have been on cherokee a few times as well. I try to get atleast 3-4 hrs a week of seat time at the limits of my comfort level hoping to get better at this. Only time will tell I guess but im getting the feeling my 2.5l isn't quite enough as most people seem to be running 3.0l. Next time your in this area, I would get great pleasure in riding along as u drive the boat so I could see what I'm doing wrong. Or if we head up to Elizabethton to visit family, ill plan time to bring the boat up that way. Thanks.

4. Member
    Sounds good , I found you on facebook and sent you a friend request.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    Sounds good , I found you on facebook and sent you a friend request.
    I thought I accepted the request, but I can't seem to find you anymore. Might need to resend it, don't know what happened.