Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When you fill your 21 SDC ? XRS with gas

Does it puke all over the boat when the dispenser automatically shuts off ? Mine does, such a pain in the rear.

2. Member
    I've got a 20' DC, and yes, I have to add gas very slowly or that will happen to me also. I don't think that there is much that you can do, and I've tried, because there is such a "Straight line" from the cap to the top of the tank. There is one gas station, close to my house, where their lot slopes downward towards the road. This is the only station that I can put fuel in quickly without it backing up.

3. Member
    Slow going for me also. People say you can remove the vent hose while you fill and it won't do that, tried it, didn't work.

4. Member
    There is a vent on th side that takes an Allen wrench to loosen, wonder if that was open while filling would it make a difference.

5. Member
    This started happening to my 2005 21xd. The hose had a bow in it. We shortened the hose and that took care of the problem. I can fill with gas wide open and no problems. This may help???
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Does it puke all over the boat when the dispenser automatically shuts off ? Mine does, such a pain in the rear.
    Yes!! It blows I have to trickle fill and rotated the fill handle every way nothing helps . I was planning on addressing that issue soon. Only reason I been procrastinating the SHO uses so little fuel I am not filling up often.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. Member
    I had that issue and found that my vent hose was holding gas, I mounted the vent hose up higher than the fill hose, shorting the hose and taking the sag out, problem solved

8. Banned
    No, my XRS takes fuel without a hitch... Now, it does puke when I overfill accidentally... Dan

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    I had that issue and found that my vent hose was holding gas, I mounted the vent hose up higher than the fill hose, shorting the hose and taking the sag out, problem solved
    good thought bud I just checked mine out the hose is to long it's acting like a trap on a drain , it goes up then down then up I will cut it shorter so it's up hill all the way.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I just open my rear compartment and slide the hose off the tank...fill, replace. No gas on my boat ever. Never tried filling through the the cap.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    No, my XRS takes fuel without a hitch... Now, it does puke when I overfill accidentally... Dan
    Mine pukes when it gets full, really ticks me off, usually my boat is nice and clean when this happens, I tried to watch the fuel gauge but that did not work either.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I just open my rear compartment and slide the hose off the tank...fill, replace. No gas on my boat ever. Never tried filling through the the cap.
    Not a bad idea. I’d like to see a cap on top of tank. No hose. Open and fill.

13. Member
    My 20 XDC I had issues with filling. Found that if I turn the fill handle backward only put the nozzle in about 1" start slow then wide open is working or me. But I also open the back lid when I see the gas touch the top of the tank I stop filling.
    For a long time I removed fill hose from tank but no need any more.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Not a bad idea. I’d like to see a cap on top of tank. No hose. Open and fill.
    I like that idea

My SF does the same thing, as did my 08 XRD. I fill it wide open and then try to guess when its near full and ease off. No matter what it still overflows a little. Gets all over my SeaDek around the cap. Frustrating for sure. I have not seen one that doesnt do it. No way to access my tank directly to bypass the cap.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    I have found the sameits usually a trap in one of the lines.

17. Member
    My 21xdc use to do this. I added a twist open breath value to the smaller hose beside the larger fill hose. You could hear the air surging out as I filled the tank.

18. Member
    This would be aggravating! I shortened my fill and vent and can fill it wide open, however, I watch the level in the plastic tank and shut if off before it blows everywhere. Don't really know a solution with aluminum tank.

19. Member
    Added a "tee" and a valve to the vent line on my 2015 XRS. Just open the rear hatch and open the valve before pumping. Close back when through. Before doing this, I could barely put gas in the tank just a little at a time as it kept burping. Since adding the vent, I can pump as fast as the pump will go with no problem. It will still splash over at the gas cap when full so you have to be aware and ease back on the pump as you near full.

After I took the last photo, I added a clear gasoline resistant hose to the end of the of the valve. I keep it coiled on top of the tank and hang it over the side when pumping just in case it burps. In 5 years of use it has never burped out of the clear hose while pumping.

IMG_3243.JPGIMG_3245.JPGIMG_3246.JPG
    2015 Bullet 21XRS, 2021 250 Pro XS 4s - 3B014359

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zfast138 View Post
    My 20 XDC I had issues with filling. Found that if I turn the fill handle backward only put the nozzle in about 1" start slow then wide open is working or me. But I also open the back lid when I see the gas touch the top of the tank I stop filling.
    For a long time I removed fill hose from tank but no need any more.
    This is what works for me as well. Turn the nozzle upright
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast