Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cenrter Console Options

I'm considering replacing the old style between seat console/cup holder in my '18 Lynx. Does anyone know of decent options aside from the Grind 5 box? I sure wish BCB would offer a few generic color boxes for folks to buy. I don't like the idea of going non-factory, but that center console I have has got to go.

Thanks
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

They are moving the generic center console step and glove box forwards and we don’t know the dates of release or order potential. We assume hat information will be available mid July.

BCB

3. Member
    I am glad I asked. Thank you BCB. I'll stand-by for a while.
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

4. Member
    Question for bcb! Will a person be able to order any color. Example lets just my interior one color and i chose another color??
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

We do know the original thought was about four colors.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We do know the original thought was about four colors.
    That might would hurt sales! Though my boat is malibu red on the inside not sure that i wouldnt change a console box box color to break it up a littlle. Very vague question here so wat was the 4 color's
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

I've got an '18 Lynx as well, I'll order one! BCB usually does things that make sense, so I'm sure the colors will be neutral enough that one will be a good fit.

Customizing colors would require more labor and flushing with waste, so they will match as best they can. The lost sales will be less cost in estimated lost revenues, than the waste cost itself of customization. Thus custom colors will cost more than the sales lost in matching some general boat colors.

9. Member
    None the less. I'll own one of these
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    You can count me in on one as well. I will buy one so long as I can get a color that matches.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Customizing colors would require more labor and flushing with waste, so they will match as best they can. The lost sales will be less cost in estimated lost revenues, than the waste cost itself of customization. Thus custom colors will cost more than the sales lost in matching some general boat colors.

I understand that if BC is only doing one offs. That would be quite costly.

Just a thought - If a customer wants a say Charcoal Mist, couldn't you just wait until you are doing another one for a new boat to cut waste?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

12. Member
    I want one!

I will take one when the time comes. I have a silver mist/apple red Sabre. Just about any gray or charcoal would work just fine.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

The new box is an add on to a new boat build and is quite and expensive option. I bet when they release them for purchase they will be well over $350
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    The new box is an add on to a new boat build and is quite and expensive option. I bet when they release them for purchase they will be well over $350

Not much when comparing to a 50+K boat...............

It would be worth it for a newer boat, maybe not for a 20 year old rig
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

16. Member
    If a passenger console or tandem axle fender can be ordered to match the boat by hull number, what makes the center console different? Whats the difficulty making the center console (to match boat color) vs a passenger console that is offered on the BCB store?

Louie, I would expect the Center console price to be 500-700 dollars. Cost to build a passenger console or fender would place the costs in that range. Of course this is only my opinion. Lol!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    When BCB first came out with the new design for that center step or console, whatever you call it, they said it could be as high as $1000. But if they are using a generic design, I'd guess it will be less than that. At any rate, its going to be pretty pricey I'm afraid.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    When BCB first came out with the new design for that center step or console, whatever you call it, they said it could be as high as $1000. But if they are using a generic design, I'd guess it will be less than that. At any rate, its going to be pretty pricey I'm afraid.
    Yea I don't know what they will do they have so many models now, and the spacing between the seats varies on all the models so I dont know they can just have a generic one... Its a hand laid fiberglass part, who knows could cost as much as a fender...
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

19. Member
    Around $700 was the last number I heard. The center box on my '16 Cougar is the only thing I don't like about my boat.
    2023 Puma STS

20. Member
    Although I don't have one, I would seriously consider the Grind Five custom made console. They have done some for BCB owners and look to be a very well made product. Seeing as it would be custom made to your specs, I wouldn't have a problem with it being non factory.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast