Is the back nine in a different dimension?

I think so. Today I shot a 40 on the front. Then something changed. Triple bogie, triple bogie, then a 9 on a par 4. From quality golf to ugly golf within a matter of minutes.

2. Member
    Liquid refreshments at 9?
    Greens dried out and got fast?
    Wind came up 20 mph?
    Earthquake tremors?
    Golf!

That's golf.
    I'm the complete opposite. The front 4-5 holes are not so good and then the back I guess I finally get loose and about the last 3-4 holes are awesome just in time to finish the round. Then I'm ready to play again! Sometimes I think about going again right then. That's the trap and how they sucker you in to coming back again! and that's why I enjoy playing!

4. Member
    That sounds about like me? Or I will shoot a 50 on the front and a 40 on the back,

It's never the front or the back for me, if I score in the 30's on the front I'm going to shoot in the 40's on the back and vise versa, seems like it's been forever since I've finished up in the 70's. Saturday 44, 39 Sunday 37, 44.
    GO DAWGS

6. Member
    I know the feeling. The front 9 is a bit harder than at the back at Cole Park. I was expecting to shoot in the 70s after a 40 on the front. So much for expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I know the feeling. The front 9 is a bit harder than at the back at Cole Park. I was expecting to shoot in the 70s after a 40 on the front. So much for expectations.
    I hadn't heard Cole park was back open. What kind of shape is it in?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

8. Member
    It's been open for a few weeks. The greens are ok. The fairways are the usual. Some in great shape while others need re-seeded and mowed. The rain has hampered the mowing. The pins are in upside down and there are no bunker rakes out due to the precautions of the virus.