Express 2020 X19 Pro

Just bought a new 2020 Express X19 Pro w/Yamaha 200 SHO. It has a bad porposing problem and hard to believe Express put these boats in dealerships without knowing the porposing issue. Wondering if anybody has the same problem with this new hull design. Thanks

2. Banned
    "Xpress"

3. Member
    Might want to check out the Xpress owners forum.

4. Member
    Sounds like you may need to trim down.

5. Member
    whale tail
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Is this your first high performance boat? They run the same as any high performance boat and require lots of seat time to learn how to drive them. It would probably be best to get with your dealer to show you how to drive it to cut down on your learning curve. There is an xpress boats forum down below on the main forum list.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    What causes a boat to porpoise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhuna View Post
    What causes a boat to porpoise?
    Numerous things- wrong trim angle or losing prop bite letting the bow fall are 2 popular ones. On these boats if factory rigged, the pos prop is usually the culprit.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    well the boat weighs 1390 an the motor weighs about 600 an has a lot of torque you cant just floor the gas an hit the trim have the guy that sold it to you spend some time an help you learn how to drive it.

Sounds like too much trim and/or too much prop. Fished with my neighbor out of his X19 a couple of times. No porpoising problems whatsoever.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    My dealer had a X21 Pro w/250 SHO that he sold that was porposing at 68 MPH and Express's fix was to weld a pencil size pc of aluminum on the stern on each side of the engine. This was supposed to fix the problem. This was a recall by Express that didn't cost me anything so had it done by my Express dealer to my X19 Pro. Didn't help. If this is normal why is Express doing this at no cost to the owner?

12. Member
    Does it have a pad? If not, it will be difficult to fix without a cavitation plate. Even with a pad, the cavitation plate will help.

Quote Originally Posted by MulberryMan View Post
    My dealer had a X21 Pro w/250 SHO that he sold that was porposing at 68 MPH and Express's fix was to weld a pencil size pc of aluminum on the stern on each side of the engine. This was supposed to fix the problem. This was a recall by Express that didn't cost me anything so had it done by my Express dealer to my X19 Pro. Didn't help. If this is normal why is Express doing this at no cost to the owner?
    Back in 2003ish, I had an 18’ Xpress that porpoised from the factory. That was their solution then as well. Seems like they should have it figured out by now.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS