Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Deep for me is 10' but for the most part i been under 10' and using perspective mode and finding that the places i fish have lots of wood structure i never knew was there....
    Been telling you Garmin down and side suck on soft targets............

Please forgive me Coullion, I couldn’t pass that one up ...........
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

2. Member
    I’ve had mine out only a few times and I’ve learned the following

1- lvs12 isn’t worth it. 32 is incredible compared to it

2- walleye will shoot up from no where to check out your bait and leave just as fast

3- it has restored my faith in my ability to fish, being able to know 100% there are fish on a hump or a spot, whether or not they’re on or not, it’s just re assuring me that I’m in places with fish

3. Member
    That there are fish everywhere and they hate my bait. I can’t believe the number of fish that come take a look and swim away.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

4. Member
    As a northern / deeper water fisherman, much of my summer time fishing is in pretty clear / weedy lake fishing a lot of outside weedlines in 14'-18'. I am amazed at how many schools of minnows / baitfish etc. are out and suspended from the structure. I've also learned to gauge distance on the LS screen into cast length very well. See school of bait at 45', see bait hit the water above them and sink / go through them. For how I fish it is awesome. I had a 360 (gen #1) and it never gave me the detail, clarity, and confidence LS does.

It's also pretty interesting to see the game of cat and mouse that happens on a lot of the lakes I fish that have a number of Musky in them, especially this time of year when things really get active. For instance, this weekend I could see the bait and it was in areas I know 1) hold fish and 2) I have confidence in catching them there. Everything was right, bait all over etc. Scanning around, I see the muskies occasionally cruising open off edges, move into the weeds and start catching bass. That slows down, go outside the weedline - no more muskies, find the bait catching resumes. Pretty cool to see side shots of the muskies where you can make out the forked tail and pointed head.

I have learned that fish like to hang out under my boat in the shade when the sun is baking down.

6. Member
    LS opened my eyes to lots of things...

*How many fish are actually in the water - lots more than one could imagine
    *How often fish swim close to inspect baits without biting
    *How easily spooked they are by even soft footfalls in the boat or while walking over them on ice
    *The importance to line diameter - thinner is better for getting bites
    *How frequently fish suspend without being close to structure or objects
    *Many or perhaps most fish are sonar and boat shy
    *The powerful LS signal seems to repel many fish at close range
    *On ice, fish are deathly afraid of snowmobile/4 wheeler traffic overhead, but strangely not auger drilling
    *Its amazing to see huge schools of gamefish swim by your lure before one - only one - will breakaway and decide to eat
    *Fish poop when fighting on the line
    *Fish will often suspend so high in the water column it’s a wonder their dorsal fins aren’t showing

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    LS opened my eyes to lots of things...
    *On ice, fish are deathly afraid of snowmobile/4 wheeler traffic overhead, but strangely not auger drilling
    I was watching a school of 7 big crappie coming towards me on a slow afternoon. One of the guys in our group came flying up on his 4 wheeler and they scattered like a shotgun blast! After that traffic was kept away from the flipovers as much as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12