BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Overnight recommendation cape vincent /clayton area.

Think gonna do a last min weekend trip to St Lawrence any recommendations on decent place to plug in and a pillow to rest head on not picky..just ask for electric to charge and clean.

2. Member
    West Winds about 3-5 miles West of Clayton. They have both motel type rooms and cottages, with lots of room to stay hooked up and recharge.

3. Member
    This ^^^ and the owners are fine folks.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    ty guys...checked it out great rates...

5. Member
    I agree, West wind is a decent place. Don’t go to Fair wind.. we stayed at a cabin there for a BFL super in September a few years back and since it was past peak season, we were supposed to get the off season rates. The owners raised the rates for that weekend only to peak rates because “a big bass tournament is in town” so we ended up paying $100 more than what we booked for. The cabins were extremely outdated too, we only showered once cause it was that bad.

K’s motel is pretty good, the Clipper Inn was very nice you just have to ask if you can run a cord out the window. PJs motel is one to consider if you’re trying to save money. Very cheap rooms, small but clean.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Lanzs is nice too. Ramp on site... pool.

7. Member
    Bridge View look it up nice place good people, Zona stays there also at times great rates

8. Member
    i prefer lanzs,little out dated(well actually a lot),but im low maintnence,ramp rite there on site behind round island so not far to travel for some decent fishing,close to clayton, in truck its a 10 min drive to ti bait store 25 min drive to mud bay ,if you want to fish lake

9. Member
    Ill 2nd this, Tom and Michelle are great people. Thats my go to place when I go up

Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Bridge View look it up nice place good people, Zona stays there also at times great rates

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Ill 2nd this, Tom and Michelle are great people. Thats my go to place when I go up
    just curious where do you launch,fishers landing?

11. Member
    I drive north about 10 min and launch at Kring Point. 3 bucks easy in and out. That sets up nice to fish Alex bay up to Chippawa. If you want to fish Clayton to the lake either launch at French creek or Cape Vincent. All are within a short drive by the hotel. Fair warning it’s tight rooms but plenty of boat parking, good electrical hookups, and safe area

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    just curious where do you launch,fishers landing?
    Fisher's Landing thay have this appropriate name street called Boat ramp St right after the fire department, or at the end of the street, Chalk's Marina.
    Excellent fishing right around the ramps and T.I. Park.
    Check out Mil's Motel and Cottages if you need a place to stay. Alan and Lesley are great people, and no problem plugging in.

13. Member
    Bridge view is owned by former b.a.s.s. Pro tom dolin. He will do everything to make your stay good. Grilled for us when we there. I have fished in tournaments against Tom dolin for 25+ years. If he starts talking about the fishing, you better listen!!

14. Member
    I came up last minute 4th of July weekend and literally the only room could get was lanz's which I called because of ammot23. Thanks man! Room was super outdated but clean and the maintenence guy let me park right next to it with my own plug. I fished dusk til dawn so I couldn't care less about the room. Saved me from paying big bucks at at a fancy place plus the boat was right there. Made for a great 4th.dont bring a wife or GF to lanzs but for all day fishing it was fine
    Last edited by gatorsin09; 07-11-2020 at 05:03 PM.