Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    What a difference a few months make. I basically rebuilt my trailer with all parts from Ranger and I can't say enough about the customer service I received from Ranger Parts. Called two weeks to order 4 different parts and was basically told they don't have what I need because everything was being inventoried through BPS and probably won't be available until August.(REALLY). I now have an issue with my gas tank that I would like to get replaced. I called today and got the voicemail that they are closed for theweek. I'm hopeful that I can get the part and that I don't have to wait for it to be inventoried through BPS. I'm worried that what we once had is soon coming to an end.

2. Member
    I had similar issues on ordering parts from Ranger. I dealt with Scott in Parts, was informed from Leslie, Scott no longer works there. My parts were paid through Bass Pro. Scott mentioned 3 weeks ago before he left that the parts were being moved to another warehouse. Still waiting on my pumps. Maybe they will arrive soon. I don't know if parts from Ranger will be unavailable, however i do think they will have less inventory on hand and delays in receiving parts will take longer. Hoping they will continue to offer parts for older Rangers but knowing JM has the market he will push new boat sales...

3. Member
    Guys.....give them a chance to get all parts into the new system AND get through this little thing called Covid. All companies are figuring out the post Covid world and adapting. As John said, this is a normal week of the year where the factory is closed. Keep the faith....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    I'm OK with the week closure as they do this every year and with the short staff because of COVID but not getting parts for 3 months as they switch to a system to make you buy through BPS seems a bit inefficient and not customer friendly. They couldn't figure a way to still have parts available as they were switching things over. This is the height of the season where I live.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Guys.....give them a chance to get all parts into the new system AND get through this little thing called Covid. All companies are figuring out the post Covid world and adapting. As John said, this is a normal week of the year where the factory is closed. Keep the faith....
    I am willing to give them a chance, but lets think through this decision to completely revamp the system.

1. What is the benifit to the customer? From all of the posts on the BBC it sure seems that most of us, boat owners & dealers, were happy with the current situation. I don't think the MBA's gave any consideration to what the benifit to the customer would be.

2. Anytime you change the computer system in any company it will create chaos. some companies handle the chaos better than others. It appears that the MBA's running the show now have not done a good job of handling the chaos.

3. In the middle of this excuse for poor business practices you undertake a major change when staffing levels will be drastically affected, and on top of that you start laying off or firing the people that know everything. Another strike against the MBA's

4. What people are left have not bought into the change because it means that they will probably loose their job when the project is complete. MBA's get another strike.

5. Why in the world would you buy a company that is profitable, has some of the best customer loyalty in the bass boat market , & then start making wholesale changes to remake it like the text books & professors tell you it should be. Another point for the MBA's

I have seen too many companies that were good businesses ruined by MBA's that thought they knew better that the people that built the business. If you buy the business on the courthouse steps you have to make wholesale changes. if you buy a business that is an ongoing profitable company, you make changes because they make sense & will add value to the customer, which always translates to the bottom line. You don't make changes to justify your existence on the payroll.

This is just the uneducated opinion of a dumb old high school graduate door & door knob salesman

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    I am willing to give them a chance, but lets think through this decision to completely revamp the system.

1. What is the benifit to the customer? From all of the posts on the BBC it sure seems that most of us, boat owners & dealers, were happy with the current situation. I don't think the MBA's gave any consideration to what the benifit to the customer would be.

2. Anytime you change the computer system in any company it will create chaos. some companies handle the chaos better than others. It appears that the MBA's running the show now have not done a good job of handling the chaos.

3. In the middle of this excuse for poor business practices you undertake a major change when staffing levels will be drastically affected, and on top of that you start laying off or firing the people that know everything. Another strike against the MBA's

4. What people are left have not bought into the change because it means that they will probably loose their job when the project is complete. MBA's get another strike.

5. Why in the world would you buy a company that is profitable, has some of the best customer loyalty in the bass boat market , & then start making wholesale changes to remake it like the text books & professors tell you it should be. Another point for the MBA's

I have seen too many companies that were good businesses ruined by MBA's that thought they knew better that the people that built the business. If you buy the business on the courthouse steps you have to make wholesale changes. if you buy a business that is an ongoing profitable company, you make changes because they make sense & will add value to the customer, which always translates to the bottom line. You don't make changes to justify your existence on the payroll.

This is just the uneducated opinion of a dumb old high school graduate door & door knob salesman
    Sadly, nothing is happening for the benefit of the customer.

Full disclosure: I have owned 3 Rangers, currently own a BassCat Puma.

7. Member
    I am not sure if you guys have had the same luck as me with the "Old Ranger" parts systems and people. I would say 50% of the time the wrong color / size / etc came from Ranger even though they had my serial number on record. I quick and polite call would get them to send the corrected part at no additional charge. Ranger needed to undertake this huge system change to get with the times. Let's just hope that in 3 months, this is working smooth and we can go back to being proud of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    I am not sure if you guys have had the same luck as me with the "Old Ranger" parts systems and people. I would say 50% of the time the wrong color / size / etc came from Ranger even though they had my serial number on record. I quick and polite call would get them to send the corrected part at no additional charge. Ranger needed to undertake this huge system change to get with the times. Let's just hope that in 3 months, this is working smooth and we can go back to being proud of the service.
    I'm not going anywhere. I really never understood the old way anyway.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Yep. I ordered a matching fiberglass step for my 2011 Z119 and got the wrong color [with hull ID]. Shipping on that item was over $150, and they picked up [of course] the return shipping. Then they shipped the right step [some weeks later], only to forget the mounting hardware. They were nice, they were polite, and it didn’t cost me any extra, but it sure as heck ate into the profit margin on their end!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    The now former dealer that i spoke with said that for a small manufacturer Ranger had a computer system that was head & shoulders above the WRM system. Now I do not know how good it was but I do know that I cannot remember getting incorrect parts from Ranger, before WRM took over.
    I think that Ranger had a good system. The problem is, is that it wasn't the WRM system

Quote Originally Posted by moochy28 View Post
    I bought my new Z520l in March and was told by dealer I was getting the free life jackets, boat cover, gift card and welcome package from Ranger. But was informed from Ranger I don't qualify for some odd reason..Very disappointed.
    They told my dealer the same...that's crap
    Boatless

12. Member
    Follow up to my original post. The BPS gift card arrived today unannounced (by email, it's an electronic gift card), and I'm making the haul in the morning to drop the boat off back at the dealer so they can work with Ranger to resolve the remaining issues. After Ranger sent me the correct USCG capacity sticker all wrinkled up in a box and basically ruined I decided it was time to let the dealer handle the rest of the problems. Fingers crossed that everything gets worked out. The dealership has been great so far.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBoater View Post
    Follow up to my original post. The BPS gift card arrived today unannounced (by email, it's an electronic gift card), and I'm making the haul in the morning to drop the boat off back at the dealer so they can work with Ranger to resolve the remaining issues. After Ranger sent me the correct USCG capacity sticker all wrinkled up in a box and basically ruined I decided it was time to let the dealer handle the rest of the problems. Fingers crossed that everything gets worked out. The dealership has been great so far.
    how long did that take I’m still waiting for mine

14. Member
    When I bought my boat last November, the dealer transposed the serial number so it took until March of this year to get my VIP discount card. Even though I had no card, I ordered from Cabela's in the interim and they honored the discount even though I had no card yet. They were able to look up my information and see I did buy a new Ranger. When I got the card, they extended the 1 year deal to 2 years without any pushing from me. I'm very pleased how they handled it
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    how long did that take I’m still waiting for mine
    6 weeks.

16. Member
    Time for an update to this.
    I took the boat back to the dealer 2 weeks ago, they took care of everything they could that didn't require parts from Ranger and I picked up the boat yesterday.. The only item Ranger parts shipped them was the touch up paint, and it was the wrong color even though they provided the hull ID # when they ordered it.. They have no ETA from Ranger on when the rest of the parts will arrive, but I needed the boat back for a week long trip we're taking with it. The dealer has been great to work with, but even they aren't able to get parts in a timely manner. The dealer even went as far as reimbursing me for the AGM battery I had to buy for the boat since Ranger sent it out with a flooded lead/acid battery (with a new Merc Pro XS 175 v6 that requires an AGM).

Oh, and the leak I had was the hose for the front livewell drain, where it runs over the gas tank under the floor it had a hole drilled through it, most likely from when they drilled the holes for the gas tank hold down brackets.

17. Member
    Time for an update to this.

Oh, and the leak I had was the hose for the front livewell drain, where it runs over the gas tank under the floor it had a hole drilled through it, most likely from when they drilled the holes for the gas tank hold down brackets.
    My boat had that issue and it is a 2016...I have pulled the Tank Cover out of the floor before, surprised not more of that happens, given the length of screws used, and lack of clearance in that area. Anyway, not a new phenomenon.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

18. Member
    I (and my dealer) are having a really hard time getting any responses from Ranger on a host of issues with my new boat. I took delivery of a 2020 VX1788WT in mid May, and it came with quite a list of QC/Assembly problems, a couple of missing items, the wrong starting battery, wrong USCG sticker, and we were supposed to be getting a BPS gift card as a "we're sorry" for it taking 21 weeks to build when we were quoted 10-12 weeks. I was able to correct many of the issues myself instead of a 3hr roundtrip to the dealer, but it's been 3 weeks since my dealer sent the WRMG regional sales guy the list of issues and there is little response from him. Also, he's been "looking into" where the gift card is at now for 3 weeks. While I understand that they've made some considerable changes at Ranger in the last couple of months and there is a pandemic, I'm not so sure that makes it ok to just flat out ignore a new customer. My wife is in customer service, she works from home, she's been working full time throughout this entire pandemic with no change in service to her customers. Do I just sit and continue to wait, hoping that some day they'll do something? Contact the BBB? Start calling every number I can find for higher ups at WRMG? I'm just not sure what to do at this point.
    You don’t mention what is wrong!

19. Member
    As a Ranger owner these stories are concerning. My local Ranger dealership sure does seem to have less and less inventory of Rangers. Maybe this is the reason.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    As a Ranger owner these stories are concerning. My local Ranger dealership sure does seem to have less and less inventory of Rangers. Maybe this is the reason.
    Ask him how his sales are...here, the sales are through the roof...can't keep boats in stock, they are selling them as fast as they get them.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast