Potomac Saturday

Have not been to the Potomac in over a year. By the looks of these posts and what I see on my 70 acre neighborhood lake, I am sure it will be crowded. I plan to put in at Hope Springs. If I get there at 7am I would hope to be ok? Also, how is the river fishing lately?

thanks for the help.
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    BFL out of Smallwood, was told they had about 125 boats registered as of yesterday.

3. mikesxpress
    They had a crane blocking the one set of ramps they are still working on yesterday. If you arrive anytime after daylight on a weekend it's going to be packed. The center pier between the ramps is unusable.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-25-2020 at 08:40 AM.

4. Member
    Thanks, Mike. I knew you would know!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

5. mikesxpress
    Don the frog bite is pretty good after the sun hits midday. Lots more eel grass this year.

6. Member
    Thanks--I am taking a buddy who is relatively new to fishing. This will be his first time throwing frogs. I hope his heart is ready for it:)
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

7. mikesxpress
    You'll be out with a couple hundred of your new found friends.

8. Member
    How did you do this weekend lunker? I had a friend down from PA and we fished Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was slow and we had about 8 fishing until about noon. We had a lot of hits and it seemed like the fish were short striking our baits. I did catch a nice 3.5 lb chunk on the whopper plopper early on. Sunday was better and we caught about 20 1-2 lbs fishing until about 11 am. We had a good hour flurry of action when the tide started to come back in. Overall, it was a good weekend. Clouds kept it a bit cooler than expected and tourney guys were more respectful than I have experienced in the past.